Surgical Services Equipment Tech
Company: Baystate Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Equipment Technician performs a variety of equipment management program services including set up/breakdown, troubleshooting of video equipment, microscopes, monitors, cameras, lasers, and other operating room equipment. Works closely with the Circulating RN and the OR Supervisor to ensure that all equipment needed for cases is appropriately set up prior to surgical procedures to help ensure cases start on time and correct equipment is in the operating room.
1) Provide video equipment support including: system inspections and functionality prior to surgical video procedures. This includes but is not limited to: placing the video monitor equipment in the appropriate OR, placing the monitors in the appropriate positions per the procedure, connecting the primary monitor to the secondary monitor, turning the system on to troubleshoot the light source, camera cuter, insufflator, CD burner, video printer, inserting the smart media card, checking the gas tanks and replacing them if needed, inputting the surgeons' name and assisting the circulating RN to start the procedure by connecting the light chords., cameras, cautery, insufflator and printer. This also includes disconnecting the equipment at the end of the case and reprocessing equipment as needed.
2) Provides assistance with microscopes including balancing
3) Provides verbal technical support to equipment users, assists with education of staff
4) Provides support with electrical tables, ultrasound units, CUSA, lasers and any other equipment as identified by the OR Supervisor
5) Works collaboratively with the Clinical Engineering Department to facilitate repairs, parts replacements.
6) Maintains an accurate list of equipment inventory
7) Monitors workload and schedule activities to maximize support to the OR team
8) Maintains and increases knowledge base and skill level to equipment
9) Attends meetings, conferences, seminars and classes as requested
10) Performs other OR functions as requested by the OR Supervisor, assists OR Assistants when instructed by OR Assistant Manager
Required Work Experience:
1) None Required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Experience with video and monitoring equipment
Skills and Competencies:
1) None Listed
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England's leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children's Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
Keywords: Baystate Health, Springfield , Surgical Services Equipment Tech, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
here to apply!