Clinical Genetics Advanced Practitioner Opportunity
Company: Baystate Health
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts, 01101, United StatesJob ID: 43985801Posted: 10/03/2018Position Title: Clinical Genetics Advanced Practitioner OpportunityCompany Name: Baystate HealthPractice Type: Hospital/Health SystemSector: General - PAEntry Level: falseClinical Genetics
Advanced Practitioner Opportunity
Baystate Children's Hospital is a 107-bed facility which provides complete critical care programs, including the region's only Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, as well as pediatric inpatient services, child life specialists, a designated emergency room just for kids, and outpatient specialty services. Additionally, Baystate Children's Specialty Center houses 15 pediatric specialty services under one roof, with focus on care coordination, comfort and convenience for children and families. We offer an amazing, diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for Advanced Practice Providers to start or advance their career.
We are seeking a FNP or PA to join our thriving Medical Genetics division at Baystate Children's Hospital in Springfield MA. The division consists of 2 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner and 4 genetic counselors and delivers high quality, comprehensive genetics care to our diverse community.
Position Highlights -
- Direct patient care position in primarily outpatient setting with some inpatient consult responsibility. Practice in our beautiful state-of-the-art outpatient facility in Springfield, MA. The Medical Genetics program is housed within our Department of Pediatrics but cares for patients throughout the lifespan.
- Provide direct patient care in the areas of reproductive, pediatric and adult genetics, as well as Lysosomal Storage Diseases and hereditary cancer syndromes.
- Opportunity to be involved in resident & medical student teaching is available.
- Mentoring is available from our experienced BC Medical Genetics physicians, advanced practitioner, and licensed genetic counselors.
- This position is available to start in March 2019.
- 3 years of advanced practice experience in pediatrics is required. Must be certified to see children and adult patients.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by .
For more information please visit us online at: or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Mary-Alice Abbott, MD, PhD, Division Chief, Clinical Genetics
c/o Melissa Hale, Lead Senior Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-2624 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email:
Reinventing healthcare takes courage. It takes collaboration. It takes you.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. PI105482114
Keywords: Baystate Health, Springfield , Clinical Genetics Advanced Practitioner Opportunity, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!