Posted on: December 9, 2018
Company Info: Employer Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. Employer is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:https://www.myworkday.com/vca/d/inst/1$9925/9925$14399.htmldEmployer Boston Road Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited, 24-hour Emergency, Specialty, and Wellness practice in Springfield, Massachusetts.Employer Boston Road Animal Hospital is seeking a board certified or board-eligible Surgeon to complement the team at our growing, AAHA-accredited, 24-hour Emergency, Specialty, and Wellness practice in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Our team of 13 doctors includes specialists in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Cardiology and Critical Care (with two Boarded Critical Care specialists), along with a team of experienced Emergency Clinicians. Our caseload and clientele are diverse and influenced by the surrounding local communities, which include 5 colleges and Medical and Legal professionals.
We feature a state-of-the-art, 15,000 sq. ft. facility that is equipped with Digital Radiography, Dental Digital Radiography, 24-hour telemetry unit, abdominal ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound, endoscope, full-service lab, an ISO ward, and ICU unit.
We boast a collegial environment that is focused on client service, patient care and teamworkand this rewarding, professional environment is augmented by exceptionally approachable specialists and regular morbidity and mortality rounds, a journal club, and on-site RACE approved CE events. This is all further enhanced by the tremendous resources, support and benefits of Employer.
Springfield is located in Western Massachusetts, and is easily accessible from all area highways and major routes. Our location affords the opportunity for a wealth of outdoor and cultural activities in the area, as well as close proximity to the larger urban communities of Boston, Hartford, and New York City. Come visit our one-of-a-kind hospital with many attributes, but where our TEAM and dedication is truly our greatest asset!
The Surgery Specialistunder the guidance of the Medical Director and with the support of the Regional Medical Directorcarries out Employers promise to our clients: making their pets health our top priority and excellent service our goal. The Cardiologist educates clients and referring veterinarians on, advocates for, and strives to deliver the highest quality medical and surgical diagnostics, treatment, and preventative care to companion animals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Residency training with board eligibility or certification in Veterinary Surgery.
- Ability to become licensed to practice in the state of New York.
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- Establish a good rapport with referring veterinarians, including: timely professional and respectful communication; assistance in their professional growth and education through recommendations and interaction on referred and shared cases; ongoing development of a positive and professional working relationship; participation in Continuing Education involving the local referral community.
- Assist in the development and training of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Assist with marketing the services of the specialty practice through a variety of outreach programs, some of which include: making hospital visits to referring veterinarians, assisting with local CE meetings, answering all calls from referring veterinarians promptly, helping with production of hospital newsletters and case reports.
- Assist with the training of interns and residents, under the guidance of the Medical Director.
- Positively represent the hospital and Employer in the professional community and to the general public.
Employer rewards its team members with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- $30,000 Signing Bonu
- Competitive salary and production potential
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!Physical Demands: Work is generally performed in an office environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
Keywords: VCA, Springfield , Surgeon, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!