Company: Commonwealth Care Alliance
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Supports the regions clinical group with development of plan of care and decision making regarding skilled rehabilitation services for all One Care and SCO clients; Monitors falls, fall risk, functional decline, pain, caregiver training, member training & education, DME assessments & authorizations including bracing and orthopedic equipment, SNF audit, discharge planning & meetings, wounds, aftercare following ED & SNF admissions, and authorization review for skilled services in a LTC setting.
* Utilize laptop systems (EcW, Outlook, and Commonground) and cell phone to communicate with CCACG East clinical group, CCA administrative team, CCA clinical operations and vendors on a daily basis for the direct care of all One Care and SCO clients.
* Monitor Fall Log for all One Care and SCO clients.
* Initiate Fall Response (consult with care manager team to review incident, recognize trend and provide most appropriate therapeutic intervention as indicated)
* Evaluating legitimacy and coordinate cost effective solutions for DME requests and authorization review.
* Respond to patient directed interventions and all communication.
* Physical Therapy Assessments
* Treatments administered as indicated
* Visit clients in SNF and observe their mobility & rehab sessions, consult with rehab team, social worker and case managers in collaborating member s skilled services and discharge plans.
* Home safety assessments and modifications.
* Work with CCA hospitalists in assessing and decision making of client s skilled rehab and discharge plans.
* Participate in joint visits with clinical group, treating therapists and GSSC to collaborate and develop most effective plan of care.
* Bachelor's Degree and grandfathered Masters Degree in the science of Physical Therapy OR Master s Degree in Physical Therapy
* Minimum of 5 years of Physical Therapy experience highly preferred
* Must be highly independent, productive and able to work efficiently in a position where there is no direct supervision
* Properly communicate with complex clientele including those with mental illness
* Manage high volume caseloads in all settings of care (home, SNF, ALF, elderly housing, group homes, private homes)
* Be a strong liaison between patients, patient family, CCA clinical staff, outside medical professionals/clinical coordinators and vendors.
* Certified in CPR and First Aid
* Maintain the CCA model of care in a rapidly growing organization
We recognize that food allergies can cause serious, life-threatening conditions for people. To keep all our employees safe, CCA s offices are nut-free. If you have questions about the restrictions in the office you applied for, please ask your recruiter.
Please note employment with CCA is contingent upon acceptable professional references, a background check (including Mass CORI, employment, education, criminal check, and driving record, (if applicable)), an OIG Report and verification of a valid MA/RN license (if applicable).
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
CCA is committed to protecting the health of our workforce and our members, and we encourage flu vaccination in accordance with CDC recommendations. Individuals working in clinical care areas or in direct contact with members must provide documentation of flu vaccination. Flu declination is only permitted if you have a documented medical reason for not receiving the vaccine. If you are unable to receive the flu vaccine you will need to wear a mask during flu season whenever engaged in member-facing activities.
Keywords: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Springfield , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!