Tap Sports Bar Sous Chef (MGM Springfield)
Company: MGM Resorts International
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Location:Springfield, MassachusettsPOSITION SUMMARYIt is the
responsibility of the Assistant Chef to efficiently execute, along
with the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef, kitchen
operation and pre-established food and labor cost controls, while
ensuring preparation and service is of the highest possible quality
and done in a timely manner. The Assistant Chef also performs basic
food preparations and oversees the function of the kitchen(s) with
others or individually. All duties are to be performed in
accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and
ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices,
and procedures.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Communicates effectively with management, chefs, and co-workers
with regards to the operations of the kitchen.
- Maintains operational control of purchasing, receiving,
purveyor lists and inventory of all kitchen items when Executive
Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef is not present, including creating
menu(s) and/or recipes, monitoring food cost for outlet, and
ordering food products.
- Oversees product consistency and makes necessary modifications
according to business needs.
- Monitors waste and overproduction, and ensures quality and
proper presentation of food by ensuring that all such items are
produced to specification.
- Performs various clerical duties regarding staff and kitchen
operations including: payroll, scheduling and staff files, and
- Maintains the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of
- Assumes responsibilities of the kitchen in the absence of the
Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef.
- Practices, models, and enforces proper food handling techniques
on a daily basis, following all health and safety standards.
- Utilizes proper food handling techniques in accordance with
local health and safety standards, including properly labeling and
dating all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Maintains budgeted labor costs by scheduling and staffing for
appropriate business levels, including monitoring and minimizing
overtime according to labor and departmental standards.
- Maintains budgeted food costs, including monitoring and
minimizing waste and production according to departmental
- Manages human resource responsibilities including performance
management, and ensures staff motivation through recognition and
engagement, including monitoring training of new employees to help
them achieve higher goals.
- Supervises Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
- Achieves service, financial and Human Resource goals set forth
by property Executives.This job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details
or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is
performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties
necessary for the effective operation of the department.SUPERVISORY
- NoneEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with extensive skill,
knowledge, and experience in all aspects of kitchen
- Bilingual abilities, per property needs.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a supervisory
position or role in a gourmet outlet.
- Associate's degree in F&B and/ or certification in an
accredited culinary arts program or equivalent.CERTIFICATES,
- Massachusetts Gaming License as required
- Food Handler's Card.
- ServeSafe certification or an approved manager certification,
or ability to obtain certification within 90-day probation
- Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent
service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This
includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and
enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest
needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing
with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest
issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and
caring about and valuing guests.
- Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly
and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking,
writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount,
style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain
professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with
managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This
includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen
to and address others' questions or concerns; treating others with
kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and
compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
- Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of
a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team
members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive
of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering
others' ideas and opinions, sharing information with others,
adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit
to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
- Coaching and Developing: The ability to train, coach, and
develop employees. This includes recognizing and fostering talent,
enhancing employees' job skills and performance through
instruction, training, personal guidance and example; providing
appropriate developmental experiences for skill and job growth; and
helping employees learn from their mistakes through positive
- Planning and Organizing: The ability to set priorities, plan
and coordinate work activities, and obtain and manage resources so
that work objectives are accomplished efficiently.
- Company Policies Knowledge: The ability and willingness to
learn and understand the company's policies, procedures, and
regulations as well as federal, state, and local laws.
- Restaurant Operations Knowledge: The ability and willingness to
obtain a working knowledge of restaurant operations, such as
opening/closing procedures, monitoring food cost, and ordering food
- Kitchen Equipment: The ability and willingness to learn how to
safely use all kitchen equipment.
- Food and Beverage Knowledge: Advanced working knowledge of food
and beverage products, including preparation methods/times, major
ingredients, quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving
temperature, garnish, and method of presentation.WORK
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
- Other - Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside
of normal business hours.
Keywords: MGM Resorts International, Springfield , Tap Sports Bar Sous Chef (MGM Springfield), Hospitality & Tourism , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!