Company: Clinical Support Options
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Position Purpose: Provide assistance for the overall efficient operation of the agency's kitchen/dining services. Spends time actively cooking, prepping, storing, labeling, checking temperatures, organizing coolers, and receiving orders. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Assist kitchen staff with the preparation of food and to cook meals in accordance with menus. Be aware of all food quality, timeliness, presentation and portioning of 600 meals per day at scheduled times.
- Ensures all equipment is properly used, clean and in working condition. This includes maintaining the correct temperature in all freezers and coolers.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Communicate problems effectively with the Kitchen Manager.
- May assist volunteer food groups with food preparation and service, and ensuring their efforts also meet health/safety requirements as mandated by law.
- May perform other duties deemed acceptable by the supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED, plus two years experience in food service program; or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities. Certificates/License and/or Registrations: Possess and maintain all licenses and certifications required by law. ServSafe certificate required or must be obtained within 90 days of hire. Valid MA drivers license with good driving record. Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, and the general public. Bi-lingual skills desirable. Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to supervisor. Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposed to heat from ovens, burners and steam trays: exposed to cutting and slicing equipment and machines with moving parts; required to stand for prolonged periods; required to move heavy supplies and full pans of food weighing up to fifty (50) pounds; exposed to high noise levels from kitchen equipment and guests at meals; required to wear protective clothing; may need to take precautions to avoid exposure to cleaners and fumes. Our Agency Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield. Our core competencies lend themselves to the development of a "one-stop" model of comprehensive, holistic services to individuals and families with multiple and complex issues. Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.
Keywords: Clinical Support Options, Springfield , Cook, FOH, Hospitality & Tourism , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!