Shift Supervisor / Youth Residential Care
Company: Gandara Mental Health Center
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Shift Supervisor / Youth Residential Care50-379 We are looking for
a Shift Supervisor to work within our Mooreland STARR youth
residential programs division in Springfield, Massachusetts. The
Shift Supervisor is an evolution of the Direct Care II staff and is
expected to continue to fulfill all expectations of a DCII. In
addition to those expectations, the Shift Supervisor will take a
leadership role while reporting to the Assistant Director and
Program Director. The Shift Supervisor will maintain a therapeutic
environment within the residence, this includes meeting the needs
of the client in the following areas: safety, medical, emotional,
food, clothing and shelter; supervise Direct Care/Relief Workers in
those areas and provide support and training as needed; maintain
consistent manner in implementing reasonable limits and structure
for each client on a daily basis in the residence and in the
community; maintain contact with families and collaterals as
needed. *New Hire and Employee Transfer Bonus* $250 after 3 months
of employment; $250 after 6 months of employment
- Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide leadership to their shift and ensure that applicable
rules, policies and procedures are being followed; supervise
- To implement each client's individual Level Plan objectives
under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and Program
- Ensure all necessary documentation for shift is completed
accurately and submitted for review.
- To act as a client advocate and promote safety; deal with
- To provide appropriate, safe responses to emergency situations
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the clients
- To recognize that ethnic and cultural diversity of each
individual must be valued and respected.
- Access, plan and implement crisis interventions with
- To notify Program Director immediately in the event of a client
crisis, suspected illegal activity or any behavior constituting an
incident in the program.
- Implement and organize a variety of appropriate recreational
and social activities.
- To assist clients with activities of daily living, including
but not limited to transport, food shopping & preparation,
housekeeping, banking, appointments, etc. Administrative
- Knows and understands all pertinent aspects of Agency policies
- Responsible for any cash purchase as assigned by Director or
- Knows and understands EEC licensing requirements as they apply
to their shifts.
- Attends and participates in all required staff meetings and
training sessions. Job Requirements
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Displays sound judgment; Good communication skills both verbal
and in writing.
- Ability to master First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving, Fire
Safety and Administering Medication.
- Works well as a team member, provide direction for direct care
workers during assigned shifts
- Seeks and uses management staff for training and
- To attend all staff meetings and all trainings as required by
the funding source and/or the Agency.
- Ability to deal with diverse population at varied levels of
management Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences or 2 yrs. related field
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills; Prior supervisory
- At least two years of experience in Human Services working with
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must meet Agency requirements for driving history records. III.
Program and Staff Success Factors Program Factors
- To be flexible in accommodating forty (40) hours of work per
week in order to adapt to the hours required for the program's
operation as planned and requested by the Program Director.
- To provide supervision as indicated of the consumer's
prescribed medications and record this in his/her progress
- To work closely with Direct Care Staff to better coordinate and
service the consumer.
- Represents Agency in a professional manner. Staff Factors
- Represents Agency in a professional manner; ability to maintain
- Patience and compassion; high energy level;
- Performs well under stress and in the event of a crisis.
- Dependable, committed and motivated; Organized and
- Ability to maintain good attendance. BENEFITS:
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year Please attach your Resume/CV. For
additional inquiries, call our office ext 1038. G--ndara Center
provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive
services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer
Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic
community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide
culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
Springfield, MA, United States Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Springfield , Shift Supervisor / Youth Residential Care, Hospitality & Tourism , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!