Head of HR Compliance & Employee Relations
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people
protect their families, support their communities, and help one
another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual.
We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people
and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our
employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong,
stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied
perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger
when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright,
innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of
Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.Description------
As Head of HR Compliance & Employee Relations, you will have the
unique opportunity to build out this newly integrated function for
a Fortune 100 organization. This team will work in conjunction with
our partners across the enterprise: HR Business Partners, Ethics &
Compliance, Security, Internal Audit and Employment Law. You will
have the opportunity to play a critical and influential role on the
HR Consulting and Talent Development leadership team, bringing
subject matter expertise to the organization in Risk, Compliance
and Employee Relations. The HR team at MassMutual is progressive
and innovative and we are looking for a leader to evolve some of
our existing Compliance & Employee Relations practices
REPORTS TO: Head of HR Consulting and Talent Management
- Responsible for HR Compliance including adherence with federal,
state and local laws, legislative tracking, HIPAA and privacy, HR
process audits and partnering closely with Compliance & Ethics team
regarding company culture while encouraging employees to speak up,
- Represents HR on all risk related matters including managing
assessment of top strategic and operational risks in coordination
with HR leadership and Legal based on current regulatory landscape
and anticipated changes.
- Responsible for external reporting associated w/ EEOC,
Affirmative Action, OFCCP and Veterans 4212.
- Develop standard internal metrics for HR, Compliance & Board of
Directors to convey trends and opportunities related to Risk,
Compliance and Employee Relations across the enterprise.
- Represent HR on the Policy Committee while managing and
revising HR policies, procedures and practices in alignment with
the Compliance & Ethics team to enhance the workplace and promote
the company culture.
- Responsible for Employee Relations (ER) including strategy,
standard work, audits and continuously improving our practices
based on trust, mutual respect, strong performance, and
accountability in support of the goals of MassMutual.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and other Investigation
teams to ensure that investigations/disciplinary processes are
thorough and handled in a fair, timely & consistent manner.
- Assess and document best practices for investigations,
re-organizations, disciplinary action and off-boarding while
maintaining storage, reporting and access of this information for
- Provide oversight and guidance for HR Business Partners on
re-organizations and employment terminations.
- Develop and provide training to HR Business Partners and
managers regarding employee relations issues, investigations,
external/internal trends, re-organizations, etc.
- Manage or participate in strategic projects/programs requiring
ER stakeholder input.
- Manage a team of 2-3 individuals
- Bachelor's degree required; JD, MBA or other Advanced Degree
- 8-10+ years of Employee Relations/Compliance/Human
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience influencing and advising on a wide range of employee
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex strategic projects
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional relationships at
all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to
analyze data while highlighting trends
- Ability to listen, but also to persuasively convey opinions and
- Expert knowledge of ER, labor relations, training, conflict
resolution and direct experience leading complex investigations at
all levels including executive level
- Deep understanding of FMLA, EEO laws, ADA and other
employment-related laws & regulations
- Required to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Some travel may be required (Boston, New York, Phoenix)
- Must be able to work in the United States without
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE -- 500 Ranking (FORTUNE --
Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We
help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As
a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality
and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company
structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people
protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to
share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At
MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look
for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy,
personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open,
honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of
applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse
backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to
their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by
actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions
as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and
getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with
Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge
Keywords: MassMutual, Springfield , Head of HR Compliance & Employee Relations, Human Resources , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!