Technical Lead Annuities
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This is a role for a Technical Lead, Senior Engineer, that
brings experience in standard web architecture delivery and
management. The lead will be accountable for technical delivery,
engineering excellence and quality design for a newly established
team within the Annuity & LTC Technology Organization. The primary
role and responsibilities will be to work with Architects, Business
Analysts and other Technical teams to design and develop enterprise
applications/APIs in the Annuities Line of Business.Execution and
- Delivery is a critical success factor for this role. You will
need to lead up to two team, with developers in the United States
and in remote offshore locations.
- Lead the team through technical roadblocks, contributing
technical development and design skills to the team.
- Effectively lead the team to translate and breakdown business
and design requirements into engineering tasks, partnering closely
with the Solution Architect / Business Analyst / PO.
- Guarantees the delivery. Overcomes obstacles. - Raise any risks
identified/impediments/roadblocks to project management and work
through the mitigation/resolution.
- Lead the operationalization of new technology build through
production and oversight of maintenance and issue remediation of
- Leads by example. Assists the teams he/she works with to make
sure all individuals working on a build understand the goal, design
and deliverables. Willing to be challenged and work through those
- Ask critical questions of the team to ensure some research has
been done. Push on team to do investigation------ Programmers would
come back w/ options and recommendations.Technical Design &
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the
lifecycle - design, development, implementation, testing,
documentation, and operation of systems and/or applications &
- Build complex system components integrating appropriate
technologies as needed (e.g. creation, processing and consumption
of Restful API endpoints)
- Lead the design of database schema, query and aggregate
- Expertise in understanding of algorithms and data structures
(core SE concepts such as sorting, inserting sort, merge sort
- Provide ongoing product support and maintenance to systems,
with proven ability to think critically and componentize issues.
Support other team members when they are stuck in debugging.
- Help others problem solve in team to resolve complex
- Analyze performance requirements & performance of current
APIs/Applications and actively remediate tech debt with those.
- Assist in production setup, monitoring and roll out to
- Keep current with technology by spending at least 25% of time
programming.Software Engineering Excellence
- Accountable for enforcing use of SE Excellence principles in
the teams being managed.
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation and ability
to share knowledge is a must
- Produce high quality work, that can be used to guide the work
of other engineers, in order to lead by example.
- Guide the enhancements of our code libraries through code
reviews that conveys a strategic vision.
- Focused on quality of the code and guide the team to use those
principles- leveraging unit testing frameworks, reusable code
design, clear documentation, pair programming, code reviews.
- Shift Left mentality - work side by side with Software Testers
to ensure speed of delivery & quality of the final product
- Build mindset of building excellence - avoid developing one
person silos on the code (share knowledge)
- Contribute to the creation of content used to train other
engineers on the use and organization of our libraries and
frameworks in order to encourage reuse and consistency.
- Lead appropriate documentation, following SE principles to
ensure knowledge is transitioned.Leadership
- Mentor and guide the development efforts of other team
- Develop collaborative partnerships with internal partners
- Presenting to leadership and stakeholders and supporting
coordination of technical decisions.
- Onboarding new team members to ensure they can get up to
- Mentoring junior developers:
- Performing Code reviews--- prior to QA
- Conducting Training session
- Documentation of standards / best practicesThe skills that make
you a great fit.
- 8 or more years of experience with designing and implementing
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field
- Experience in Insurance/Finance Industry (Annuities experience
is nice to have)
- Leadership - We need a leader with team spirit and someone who
can coach others to be better.
- Experience partnering with SDETs and automation of testing,
believing in the fact that quality is accountability of the team
and not just QA.
- Critical Thinking - Open to support current APIs/Applications &
guide teams as needed
- Agile Delivery - Comfortable with agile delivery/methodology
(grooming, story pointing, acceptance criteria, definition of
done). Lead by example of following these practices
- Able to implement processes and troubleshoot to continue to
improve operational stability
- Ability of standup services from scratch and deploy through
non-prod and prod regions
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Java Web applications --- RESTful Services
- Experience in developing REST services using Java
- Experience in development using AWS services
- Spring Framework knowledge and experience
- DevOps experience (preferred)
- Experience and understanding of Kubernetes (preferred)
- Kafka Streaming Producer/Consumer development experience
- Development experience in Node.js, Python, ReactJS (nice to
- Ability to work east coast hours.Target job salary $106,000.00
- $185,500.00 USD Annual#LI-BO1
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with
Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge
Keywords: MassMutual, Springfield , Technical Lead Annuities, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!