Company: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
- Location: Corporate Headquarters - Springfield, MO or
- Status: Full-Time
- Tentative Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m
- Compensation Range: $115,000.00 - $150,000.00 annually, pay
will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
- Bonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on
individual goal achievement. Our Software Architects have advanced
technical knowledge in web services, digital transformation and
service-base architecture. They are experts on existing software
architecture design and inter-connectivity with upstream and
downstream systems. Our teams are focused on the service
architecture, development, design and integration of various
software systems, databases, and third-party packages utilizing
Hibernate, SOLR, and SQL.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with lead business systems analysts, development teams,
project managers and others to design and create, dependable,
scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing
design of software systems. -
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new
software or software integrations with 3rd parties. y
- Participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term
technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape
coding standards and software development life cycle best
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve
complicated -problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use
of software. Skills/Qualifications Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT
- Advanced understanding of change management control process and
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the
full software development life cycle, including coding standards,
code reviews, source control, testing, build and release
engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end
- Experience with web services, writing and managing API
gateways, and service orchestration.
- Working understanding of databases including writing and
amending queries in SQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration
and continuous deployment using technologies like Git, Jenkins,
Postman, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence
- Experience in effectively communicatingcomplex technical
conceptswith a broad base of end users and multiple management
layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as
- A bachelor's of science in a technology related field.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home
environment. Location: -
- Remote, USA - This role can be remote, virtual or
work-from-home anywhere in the United States.
- Additional Locations: Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL,
Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Colorado Springs,
CO, Raleigh, NC, Tampa, FL, Huntsville, AL, Columbus, OH, Durham,
NC, Jacksonville, FL, Baltimore, MD, Springfield, MO, St Louis, MO,
Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Oklahoma City, OK, Minneapolis,
MN About Us: -
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our
corporate office, 5,700+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000
+ team members.
- We have over 800 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium
and large web and software applications in addition to third party
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote,
virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing,
team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members
to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an
individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical
- there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by
providing training for both technical and professional
Keywords: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., Springfield , Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!