Posted on: May 17, 2019
Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people
protect their families, support their communities, and help one
another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual.
We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people
and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our
employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong,
stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied
perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger
when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright,
innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of
Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.Description------
As the complexity in the world continues to increase, it's getting
harder to get simple. At MassMutual, our vision is to help people
secure their future and protect the ones they love. Within
MassMutual Technology, we have undergone some recent changes to
simplify our organization to deliver on this vision. We will be a
dependable partner to our businesses by providing high quality IT
services on time and within budget. We will do so by simplifying
our architecture to focus on strategically valuable technologies,
investing in our people to equip them with skills of the future,
and promoting a culture of ownership and delivery.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Data Warehouse
Developer for technology initiatives within Workplace Solution
Digital & Data Integration technology stack.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a transformational
journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look
for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of
the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of
it. You will be joining an experienced Digital & Data Integration
workcell as a data warehouse developer to support our SDLC team
with on-going technology initiatives and implementation of data
warehouses. Your job will require you to work closely with your
fellow technology team members, to coordinate with BA&QA
resources, and to communicate with scrum masters and business
partners in completion of your work. The job will be varied and
challenging. While this role will not have direct reports, it will
require strong influence, leadership, execution and communication
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve
existing needs and predicting future challenges;
- Coordinate and drive multiple disciplines to successfully
- Provide solutions to complex problems aimed at achieving
- Create, develop, and maintain system designs;
- Surface and provide insights into risks and potential failures
and drive to resolution;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of
various experience level;
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions
that align with business needs and are consistent with
- Mentor and coach project team members (including Sourcing
Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best
- Actively participate in industry and brings insights into
- 5 years of experience in the architecture, design, and
development of Data Warehousing solutions
- 5 years of experience with databases such as Vertica, Teradata,
Sybase, Oracle, or DB2
- 5 years of experience with ETL tools such as; Informatica or
- Experience with various BI reporting tools such as; OBIEE,
Cognos, or MicroStrategy
- 2 years of experience working in Software Development Life
Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as; Scrum, Agile, and Kanban
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment; with Micro Services
and Open Source tools such as Spring Boot, Jenkins, and Maven is a
- Experience working in Cloud environments, AWS, Big data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Engineering, MIS, or related field
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship,
now or in the future.
- Self-driven, extremely energetic individual who has the vision
of enhancing the technology landscape at MassMutual.
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate technical
designs into consumable information with all levels of the
- Experience and knowledge of domain and/or proven record of
- Proven ability to promote ideas persuasively, shape
stakeholders opinions, project a positive image, work through
conflicts and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and become productive in new
- Experience in developing complex custom solutions, integrating
custom services and/or systems development and configuration.
- Willing to work on a highly collaborative team, fulfill
different roles and fill gaps.
- Agile mindset.
- Ability to travel and work under periods of stress.
- Market Experience: Financial Services, Insurance,
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE -- 500 Ranking (FORTUNE --
Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We
help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As
a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality
and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company
structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people
protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to
share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At
MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look
for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy,
personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open,
honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of
applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse
backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to
their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by
actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions
as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and
getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with
Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge
Keywords: MassMutual, Springfield , Talend Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!