Direct Care Worker - DDS Program
Company: Gandara Mental Health Center
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Direct Care Worker - DDS Program113-379
Direct Care Worker DDS
[Hiring Bonus of $500: $250 after 3 months and $250 after 6
We're looking for a Direct Care 1 Staff Worker to work with our DDS
Program [Developmental Disability Services] team model,
establishing open communication, support, and accountability among
workers and consumers. S/he is accountable to the DDS Program
Manager, who is responsible for providing supervision and training.
The Direct Care 1 Staff Worker is one who actively promotes the
philosophy of the DDS Program, and maintains a high level of
commitment to the program. This individual will respect the dignity
of each individual through vigorous promotion of the human and
civil rights which, in part, strives to keep people free from abuse
or neglect and recognize that ethnic and cultural diversity of each
individual must be valued and respected.
I. Duties and ResponsibilitiesClient Services Responsibilities
- To assist members daily in the enhancement of their ADL
(activities of daily living) skills through practical experience
and training both individually and in groups.
- To promote the right of people with mental retardation to
exercise choice and to make meaningful decisions in their
- To ensure that adequate services and flexible resources are
non-intrusive, cost effective and provided by qualified, trained
personnel to meet individual needs and preferences.
- To provide case management, outreach and advocacy to members,
and be accountable for the quality and quantity of
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the
- To provide for client care and safety, and observe all safety
measures; provide safety responses to emergency situations when
- To interact with clients in order to assess needs, provide
information, discuss problems, set limits and encourage growth and
- To empower individuals and their families to speak out for
themselves and others, initiate ideas, have choices and make
decisions about needed supports.
- To enhance public awareness of the valuable roles persons with
mental retardation assume in society through promotion of physical
and social integration.
- To provide entry to services through a single, local and
familiar setting and recognizing the dignity of achievement
understanding these services lead to meaningful benefits.
- To provide crisis intervention, monitor clients'' progress and
act as a client advocate.
- To assist members in planning, implementing and leading
scheduled activities, to assess members'' participation, motivation
and interest in these activities.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Program
Manager.Administrative Responsibilities/Record Keeping
- To attend scheduled clinical and staff meetings and actively
participate to determine treatment plans, re-evaluate case needs
and goals, and develop skills.
- To maintain client records in accordance with standard format
- To attend scheduled supervisory meetings with Program
- To maintain assigned financial record keeping and submit
requests and/or report accurately and in a timely manner.
- To adhere to DDS regulations regarding incident reporting,
complete all DDS and agency required paperwork such as case
[progress] notes, times sheets, weekly notes, bookkeeping, mileage,
incident reports accurately and submit them in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in human service field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with psychiatric
- Must have valid driver''s license and safe driving
- Must be bilingual, preferably bi-cultural
- Must have availability of an automobile to transport clients or
perform other supportive services as necessary.Working
- This position is a 40 hour a week position, five (5), seven (8)
hour days unless agreed upon by the Program Manager. Shift hours
may vary. Additionally, he/she is required to works some holidays,
overnights and weekends. This position entails working in client
homes. Working conditions also include frequent travel between the
program and client homes, to and from scheduled activities,
appointments, etc. This job at times entails going into high crimes
neighborhoods and also involved being exposed to smoking
environments, and at risk populations.
Please attach your resume and/or cover letter.
G--ndara Center provides residential, mental health, substance
abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families
across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts.
Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and
strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a
Springfield, Massachusetts, United StatesFull-Time/Regular
Keywords: Gandara Mental Health Center, Springfield , Direct Care Worker - DDS Program, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!