Company: Commonwealth Care Alliance
Posted on: January 14, 2020
Under the guidance of the Manager of Health Information Management,
the HIM Specialist I is responsible for following processes to
ensure compliant release of records, request for records and
accurate data entry into CCA s Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Request and review EMR from partnering organizations to obtain
pertinent member documentation (narrative notes, physical exam, lab
values, vital signs, medications, diagnoses and clinical
parameters, including health maintenance data).
* Upload patient documentation into CCA s electronic medical record
* Communicates any identified discrepancies in documentation or
collected data to the HIM Manager.
* Communicates to HIM Manager any providers who are unwilling to
send CCA requested clinical information
* Gather and log data obtained or released by CCA for tracking and
* Obtain documentation from outside EMRs in preparation of HEDIS
review, ACA and MDS assessments.
* Request and review paper records from external organizations
if/when EMR is not accessible.
* Provide and obtain release of information documentation to and
from members, clinicians, partnering organizations.
* Responsible for recording accurately and consistently in CCAs
electronic medical record.
* Support clinical teams by obtaining medical record requests in a
* Process Adhoc telephone encounters and new enrollments within
* Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
* Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
* 2 years experience in a medical office or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, medical
procedures, medications, and laboratory test both one on one and in
* Ability to function in a faced paced setting with a variety of
patients and staff.
* Attention to details and prompt follow up
* Interest in professional growth
* English preferred, Secondary language is not required but a
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran
status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Springfield , HIM specialist, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!