Advanced Practice Primary Care Clinician
Company: Commonwealth Care Alliance
Posted on: May 10, 2020
At Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA), our vision is to lead the
way in transforming the nation's healthcare for individuals with
the most significant needs. If being part of a team and working on
combined solutions for patients matters to you---keep reading. We
may have something to talk about.Commonwealth Community Care's
(CCC) Primary Care NP/PA provides comprehensive primary care
delivery and care coordination to adults of all ages, specializing
in those who have complex physical, developmental, intellectual,
and behavioral health conditions, requiring extensive clinical
support. Care is delivered in the office, home, inpatient facility,
or community-based on the members' individual needs. The Primary
Care NP/PA works closely within and must be comfortable guiding an
interdisciplinary care team involved in their members' care. This
role will provide ongoing chronic disease management, urgent
visits, promote preventative care and wellness, and provide end of
life/palliative care. The role also includes a compendium of care
management/ care coordination functions encompassing the
development and implementation of the member-centric individualized
care plan along with authorization of appropriate durable medical
equipment and services. At CCA, your role matters. You'll be
joining an organization that is mission driven, believes in
internal mobility, has excellent benefits (see below) and embraces
innovation when it comes to serving our patients.
- Perform comprehensive annual assessments.
- On an annual basis, conduct an Annual Comprehensive Assessments
on assigned panel members using CMS guidelines.
- Facilitate, and/or deliver preventative care to members
according to the guidelines deemed appropriate by CCA Clinical
- Provide regularly scheduled follow up visits for the management
of chronic disease or end of life/palliative care.
- Perform episodic urgent medical/ behavioral health visits to
ensure that panel members are given timely and appropriate medical
care in order to avoid emergency room or hospitalization.
- In order to decrease the risk of readmission, perform
post-discharge visits on panel members within 48-hours of
discharge; perform detailed medication reconciliation, adjust
medications as indicated, and ensure appropriate LTSS are in
- Provide Intermittent Skilled Care as necessary (e.g., wound
- Ensure appropriate documentation of visits and activities
within CCA's central enrollee record and within the record of
partners as indicated.
- Develop a member-centric care plan which is inclusive of
appropriate long-term support services and optimizes available
resources to improve or maintain health and functional independence
in the community.
- Review care plan with the member and ensure that it is
available to the member.
- Utilizing Clinical Decision Support Tools, team meetings, and
consultation with CCA specialists, authorize proposed equipment
and/or services for the implementation of the individualized plan
of care. Participate in utilization and case review as
- Conduct annual/6 month MDS assessments and annual comprehensive
assessments for panel members based on the program.
- Act as a mentor to other team members to help promote/foster
accountability, reliability, and independence among the other team
- Provide consultation and support to other members of CCA Care
- Participate in Team Case Review
- Participate in activities and education to maintain and advance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with
licensure in good standing in the Commonwealth of
- 3+ years of hands-on clinical experience
- Will be required to pass CCA's credentialing process
- Current Mass Controlled Substances License required
- Current DEA Controlled Substances License required
- Current CPR or Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification,
- Master's degree in Nursing or Physican Assistant Studies
- 1+ years of NP or PA experience (preferably in primary care),
strongly preferredDoes this sound like you? If you're interested in
this opportunity, please apply today. The process takes 10-15
minutes. We offer excellent benefits, including: Medical, dental
and vision plans with low employee contributionsA generous paid
time off program403(b) with company matchLoan Forgiveness
ProgramEducational Assistance/Reimbursement keywords: NP, Nurse
Practitioner, PA, Physician Assistant, healthcare, primary care,
clinic, care coordinator, care coordination, clincial, clinician,
community health, social services, complex, medical, behavioral,
bilingual, managed care, Springfield, MA, Massachusetts
Keywords: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Springfield , Advanced Practice Primary Care Clinician, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!