Advanced Practice Primary Care Clinician
Company: Commonwealth Care Alliance
Posted on: May 16, 2020
ADVANCED PRACTICE PRIMARY CARE CLINICIAN
Actual Work Location
CCC Clinic, Springfield, MA
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA), our vision is to lead the way
in transforming the nation s healthcare for individuals with the
most significant needs. If being part of a team and working on
combined solutions for patients matters to you keep reading. We may
have something to talk about.
Commonwealth Community Care s (CCC) Primary Care NP/PA provides
comprehensive primary care delivery and care coordination to adults
of all ages, specializing in those who have complex physical,
developmental, intellectual, and behavioral health conditions,
requiring extensive clinical support. Care is delivered in the
office, home, inpatient facility, or community-based on the members
individual needs. The Primary Care NP/PA works closely within and
must be comfortable guiding an interdisciplinary care team involved
in their members care. This role will provide ongoing chronic
disease management, urgent visits, promote preventative care and
wellness, and provide end of life/palliative care. The role also
includes a compendium of care management/ care coordination
functions encompassing the development and implementation of the
member-centric individualized care plan along with authorization of
appropriate durable medical equipment and services.
At CCA, your role matters. You ll be joining an organization that
is mission driven, believes in internal mobility, has excellent
benefits (see below) and embraces innovation when it comes to
serving our patients.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING
* Perform comprehensive annual assessments.
* On an annual basis, conduct an Annual Comprehensive Assessments
on assigned panel members using CMS guidelines.
* Facilitate, and/or deliver preventative care to members according
to the guidelines deemed appropriate by CCA Clinical
* Provide regularly scheduled follow up visits for the management
of chronic disease or end of life/palliative care.
* Perform episodic urgent medical/ behavioral health visits to
ensure that panel members are given timely and appropriate medical
care in order to avoid emergency room or hospitalization.
* In order to decrease the risk of readmission, perform
post-discharge visits on panel members within 48-hours of
discharge; perform detailed medication reconciliation, adjust
medications as indicated, and ensure appropriate LTSS are in
* Provide Intermittent Skilled Care as necessary (e.g., wound
* Ensure appropriate documentation of visits and activities within
CCA s central enrollee record and within the record of partners as
* Develop a member-centric care plan which is inclusive of
appropriate long-term support services and optimizes available
resources to improve or maintain health and functional independence
in the community.
* Review care plan with the member and ensure that it is available
to the member.
* Utilizing Clinical Decision Support Tools, team meetings, and
consultation with CCA specialists, authorize proposed equipment
and/or services for the implementation of the individualized plan
of care. Participate in utilization and case review as
* Conduct annual/6 month MDS assessments and annual comprehensive
assessments for panel members based on the program.
* Act as a mentor to other team members to help promote/foster
accountability, reliability, and independence among the other team
* Provide consultation and support to other members of CCA Care
* Participate in Team Case Review
* Participate in activities and education to maintain and advance
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Board Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with
licensure in good standing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
* 3+ years of hands-on clinical experience
* Will be required to pass CCA s credentialing process
* Current Mass Controlled Substances License required
* Current DEA Controlled Substances License required
* Current CPR or Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification,
* Master's degree in Nursing or Physican Assistant Studies
* 1+ years of NP or PA experience (preferably in primary care),
Does this sound like you* If you re interested in this opportunity,
please apply today. The process takes 10-15 minutes. We offer
Excellent benefits, including:
Medical, dental and vision plans with low employee
A generous paid time off program
403(b) with company match
Loan Forgiveness Program
keywords: NP, Nurse Practitioner, PA, Physician Assistant,
healthcare, primary care, clinic, care coordinator, care
coordination, clincial, clinician, community health, social
services, complex, medical, behavioral, bilingual, managed care,
Springfield, MA, Massachusetts
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran
status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information or any other category protected by applicable federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Springfield , Advanced Practice Primary Care Clinician, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!