DDS Direct Care: Part-Time & Relief - Patterson
Company: Gandara Center
Posted on: April 8, 2021
DDS Direct Care Worker - Part-Time & Relief Patterson Program,
Springfield, 17 hours - various shifts We're looking for Part-Time
Staff Direct Care 1 Staff Workers to work with our DDS Program
[Developmental Disability Services] team model, establishing open
communication, support, and accountability among workers and
consumers. They are accountable to the DDS Program Manager, who is
responsible for providing supervision and training. The Direct Care
1 Staff Worker is one who actively promotes the philosophy of the
DDS Program, and maintains a high level of commitment to the
program. This individual will respect the dignity of each
individual through vigorous promotion of the human and civil rights
which, in part, strives to keep people free from abuse or neglect
and recognize that ethnic and cultural diversity of each individual
must be valued and respected.
Required Skills I. Duties and Responsibilities
Client Services Responsibilities
- To assist members daily in the enhancement of their ADL
(activities of daily living) skills through practical experience
and training both individually and in groups.
- To promote the right of people with an intellectual disability
to exercise choice and to make meaningful decisions in their
- To ensure that adequate services and flexible resources are
non-intrusive, cost effective and provided by qualified, trained
personnel to meet individual needs and preferences.
- To provide case management, outreach and advocacy to members,
and be accountable for the quality and quantity of casework.
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the
- To provide for client care and safety, and observe all safety
measures; provide safety responses to emergency situations when
- To interact with clients in order to assess needs, provide
information, discuss problems, set limits and encourage growth and
- To empower individuals and their families to speak out for
themselves and others, initiate ideas, have choices and make
decisions about needed supports.
- To enhance public awareness of the valuable roles persons with
mental retardation assume in society through promotion of physical
and social integration.
- To provide entry to services through a single, local and
familiar setting and recognizing the dignity of achievement
understanding these services lead to meaningful benefits.
- To provide crisis intervention, monitor clients'' progress and
act as a client advocate.
- To assist members in planning, implementing and leading
scheduled activities, to assess members'' participation, motivation
and interest in these activities.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Administrative Responsibilities/Record Keeping
- To attend scheduled clinical and staff meetings and actively
participate to determine treatment plans, re-evaluate case needs
and goals, and develop skills.
- To maintain client records in accordance with standard format
- To attend scheduled supervisory meetings with Program
- To maintain assigned financial record keeping and submit
requests and/or report accurately and in a timely manner.
- To adhere to DDS regulations regarding incident reporting,
complete all DDS and agency required paperwork such as case
[progress] notes, times sheets, weekly notes, bookkeeping, mileage,
incident reports accurately and submit them in a timely manner.
Required Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work with the intellectually disabled
- Ability to structure and organize job responsibilities with
- Ability to master and organize job responsibilities with
- Ability to master mandated training, such as but not limited to
First Aid, CPR. Defensive Driving, Fire Safety, and Administering
Medication, Basic Human Rights.
- Demonstrates good math, verbal and written communication
skills. Displays sound judgment and works well as a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in human service field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with psychiatric
- Must have valid driver's license and safe driving history.
- Must be bilingual, preferably bi-cultural
- Must have availability of an automobile to transport clients or
perform other supportive services as necessary.
- Health, 30 hours
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, 32 hours The Gandara Mental
Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. Gndara Center provides
residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services
for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and
eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community,
we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally
competent, innovative services to a diverse community.MassLive.com.
Keywords: Direct Support Professional (DSP), Location: Springfield,
MA - 01105
Keywords: Gandara Center, Springfield , DDS Direct Care: Part-Time & Relief - Patterson, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!