Company: Gandara Center
Location: West Springfield
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Staff Accountant Recently finished college and looking to start
a career in Accounting? This could be your start! The Gndara Center
provides residential, mental health, substance abuse, and
preventive services for children, adults, and families across the
Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. We believe in
our communities and value cultural diversity and strive to provide
culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
Our mission is to promote the well-being of Hispanics,
African-Americans, and other culturally diverse populations,
through innovative, culturally competent behavioral health,
prevention, and educational services - Changing Lives one family at
a time. We're looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Fiscal
team. The Staff Accountant will be a key player in the Accounting
team and will be responsible for duties that include accrual
accounting, general ledger maintenance, assisting with month end
closings. Journey entry preparation, account reconciliations,
accounts receivables, accounts payable, payroll and other special
projects as assigned.
Required Skills Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all monthly closing activities.
- Produce monthly financial reports by the expected due
- Prepare State and Federal filings
- Perform audit functions including those related to client
- Analyze account detail as needed.
- Review and approve weekly labor distributions.
- Maintain the allocation model of the accounting system.
- Provide necessary data to invoice cost reimbursement contracts
monthly as needed.
- Provide salary and contract performance reporting as
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- negotiate requests for equipment, supplies and services from
suppliers and subcontractors.
- Provide data to finance department as requested for budgeting
- Arrange for disposal of surplus equipment.
- Assist in finance department planning, attends meetings and
trainings as requested.
- Complete other related assignments as requested.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work in a Team Environment Job Requirements
- Ability to structure and organize job responsibilities with
- Demonstrates good math, verbal, and written communication
- Displays sound judgment.
- Works well as a team member.
Required Experience Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Bilingual [English & Spanish], Bicultural, encouraged to
- General Accounting knowledge - specializing in Accounts
- Third Party Billing, Virtual Gateway EIM knowledge (of Unit
Rate/Accommodation Rate/Cost Reimbursement Billing)
- Bank Reconciliation experience at a high level
- maintain the chart of accounts.
- High level of organizational skills and capability to perform
multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications: Excel, Word,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Supports the mission and goals of Gandara Center Preferred
- CPA, designation
- Blackbaud experience
- Non Profit Accounting experience
- Third Party Billing experience
- Electronic Medical Records experience
- Working Conditions This position is a 40 hour a week position,
five (5), eight (8) hour days unless agreed upon by the Program
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year The Gandara Mental Health Center
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training.MassLive.com. Keywords: Staff
Accountant, Location: West Springfield, MA - 01089
Keywords: Gandara Center, Springfield , Staff Accountant, Other , West Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!