Company: Gandara Center
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Recovery Coach We are looking for people in recovery to support
individuals in the early stages of recovery by helping to remove
barriers and obstacles for those new to the system of care. This is
a non-clinical, strength based peer-to-peer support service in
which you will provide people with linkages to the recovery
community. As a Recovery Coach you will serve as a personal guide
and mentor and help individuals understand the system of care and
how to navigate it. Responsibilities:
- Works with the client to develop a Wellness Plan
- Provides emotional and social support and uses coaching and
mentoring techniques to support a client's awareness and
understanding that he or she possesses his or her own recovery
capital to help sustain his or her recovery.
- Supports clients in making positive life changes and developing
skills to facilitate their recovery.
- Helps clients to discuss and try new strategies for developing
recovery-supportive friendships, reconnecting or improving family
relationships, and identifying and using recovery-community
- Assists clients in creating personally meaningful links to
treatment, peer recovery support services, and mutual aid and
support them in their efforts to build their capacity.
- Serves as an advocate for clients and assist clients in
learning self-advocacy skills.
- Provides temporary assistance with transportation to essential
self-help, peer support, and medical & behavioral health
appointments while transitioning to community-based transportation
- Delivers services on a mobile basis to clients in any setting
that is safe for the client and staff.
- Ensures that clients progress notes, wellness plans, and other
required documentation is completed professionally, accurately and
- Ensures that consultation on the client's behalf is conducted
and billed as needed.
- Attends trainings and supervision as required by
Required Skills Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED, reasonable exceptions may be made
in certain situations.
- Must have lived experience and 2 years acknowledged continuous
- Experience and knowledge regarding the addiction treatment
- Must have successfully participated in trainings and/or
coursework [CCAR Recovery Coach Training Academy] that is designed
to prepare individuals to serve as recovery coaches.
- Must have valid Driver's License & reliable transportation
- Bilingual in Spanish and English-preferred. Benefits
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Verizon and/or Sprint plans The
Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gndara
Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and
preventive services for children, adults and families across the
Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the
Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to
provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse
community. MassLive.com. Keywords: Recovery Coach, Location:
Springfield, MA - 01105
Keywords: Gandara Center, Springfield , Recovery Coach, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!