Diecutting Machine Operator (3rd Shift)
Company: Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC
Location: East Longmeadow
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Do you want to work for a smart, global company that's as
committed to its employees as it is to manufacturing processes? At
Cartamundi, the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards
and board games, you'll find a highly committed, collaborative
culture that feels like family. We bring passion into every game we
manufacture for kids of all ages throughout the world. Our secret
to success is a highly skilled, motivated workforce that believes
in our company purpose: Sharing the Magic of Playing Together!The
Diecutting department is part of our Work-In-Process team which
prepares g ame or box components for final assembly. In this role,
you will operate Bobst (diecut) presses to punch shapes into
materials, such as gameboard labels and boards, and game box
material.What You'll Do as a Bobst Die Cutter Operator:
- Setup and operation of all the standard Bobst presses.
- Loading and unloading pallets of material for the presses.
- Stripping waste and removing waste materials.
- Performing troubleshooting tasks, making all necessary
adjustments to maintain quality of die cut materials and
productivity of the die-cutting operation.
- Effectively preparing Make-Readies and changing tooling in
standard Bobst presses. They can make effective machine and tooling
adjustments in the Feeder, Platen and Stripping Station to register
- Recognizing defects on dies and strippers and taking
appropriate action to ensure problems are corrected.
- Running the Aerator-Jogger and the Balers. This includes
dumping loads, weighing and storing bales along with general
troubleshooting and changing wire spools.
- Ensuring accurate production and quality record keeping.
- Keeping general work area clean and performing Total
Preventative Maintenance (TPM) tasks.
- Understanding and following Die-cutting department quality work
instructions.We're Looking for Someone Who Has:
- Die Cutting experience required.
- 2 years in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience operating manufacturing equipment a plus.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Dependable.Physical Requirements Include the Ability to:
- Stand or sit for an 8-hour shift.
- Repetitively grasp, pinch, push and pull with arms hands,
occasionally simultaneously, with and without mechanical assisted
- Frequently transfer objects and materials weighing up to 25
- Reach above shoulder height to work, bending and stooping
occasionally to work at different heights.
- Safely mount, dismount and operate mobile equipment.
- Move from one area to another in the department around
equipment, climb stairs, platforms and ladders.We offer competitive
pay, shift differential, excellent health benefits, 401(K) matching
program and profit sharing. Apply today and discover the magic of
making a difference at Cartamundi!Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC
does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion,
age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any
other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment
opportunities.This position is a member of Local 224
RWDSU.Candidates must be 18 years old to work for Cartamundi, East
Longmeadow LLC.No Agencies Please. No Sponsorship Available.
Keywords: Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC, Springfield , Diecutting Machine Operator (3rd Shift), Other , East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!