Licensed Substance Abuse Specialist / LADC
Company: Gandara Center
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Licensed Substance Abuse Specialist / LADC Looking to work for
an agency passionate on making a difference in many lives in our
community? This job may be for you! We're seeking a Licensed
Substance Abuse Specialist / LADC. The Licensed Substance Abuse
Specialist / LADC works with Adult Clinical Community Services
(ACCS) participants to provide person-centered, rehabilitative
interventions that support recovery. The Licensed Substance Abuse
Specialist / LADC works with Persons on issues of substance abuse
and sobriety. S/he also provides outreach services to participants.
S/he works within the Agency's ACCS team model, establishing open
communication, support, and accountability among co-workers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Helps develop individual treatment plans
- Provides interventions that address issues of substance
use/abuse and sobriety.
- Develops and implements relapse prevention plans.
- Implements motivational interviewing techniques.
- Provides education and counseling on addiction and the disease
- Assists Persons with accessing substance abuse treatment,
including but not limited to: inpatient/residential treatment,
detoxification, intensive outpatient treatment.
- Assists Persons with accessing self-help and 12 step groups,
including Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and Dual
- Interacts with Persons in order to assess needs, provide
information, discuss problems, identify patterns and stressors, and
encourage growth and development. II. PROGRAM STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships
with program management staff.
- Assure adherence to program treatment philosophy.
- Adheres to Agency and Program policies and procedures. III.
- Work within processes and procedures of the ACCS.
- Strengthens relationships between agency, ACCS, programs, and
the larger community
- Act as an inter-Agency liaison.
- Attend and participate in Agency committees as required.
- Attend supervision with the Program Manager. IV. ADMINISTRATIVE
RESPONSIBILITIES/RECORD KEEPING - necessary to meet administrative
requirements of the job by government bodies, funding sources
agency policy, etc.
- Completes documentation in accordance with Rehabilitation
- Completes documentation in the Agency's Electronic Health
Record (E.H.R.) System, Pro-Filer.
- Maintain records, including but not limited to: Map
documentation, Client Funds Management (including monthly budget
and reconciliation forms), incident reports, et al.
- Attends weekly team meetings.
- Attend weekly/bi-weekly supervision with Program Manager. V.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT - necessary to develop
- to full potential professionally
- Seek and use training opportunities external to the
- Attend Agency-required trainings.
- Participate in relevant Agency and/or community task
- Engage in self-evaluation to develop professional goals.
Required Skills KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of community resources/agencies.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and the ability
to learn new programs.
- Ability to utilize an Electronic Health Record system.
- Knowledge of clients' behavioral dynamics.
- Knowledge related to treatment of client population including
evidence based practices.
- Client advocacy skills and ability to establish viable working
relationships with appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to safely transport clients in the community.
- Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with
the Massachusetts MAP Program.
- Ability to respond effectively to crisis.
- Ability to provide rehabilitative interventions that support
person-centered and recovery-oriented practice. MINIMUM
- Certification as an addictions counselor (i.e., LADC I)
- Master's degree in a related field (Psychology, Social Work,
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a mental health-related treatment
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
- Discounts offered to your Verizon and/or Sprint plans
- Hiring Bonus may vary based on degree* The Gandara Mental
Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training. Gndara Center provides
residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services
for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and
eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community,
we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally
competent, innovative services to a diverse community.MassLive.com.
Keywords: Addiction Counselor, Location: Springfield, MA -
Keywords: Gandara Center, Springfield , Licensed Substance Abuse Specialist / LADC, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!