Company: Caring Health Center Inc
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Staff Internist functions independently to provide primary
medical services and ambulatory care to adult patients of CHC. In
addition, he/she participates actively in the development and
execution of the general adult and geriatric program at the Health
Center, medical programs in the community, and such quality
assurance, research, and administrative tasks as are deemed
relevant by the Chief Medical Officer to patient care at the Health
Center. The Staff Physician will also participate in the general
activities and obligations of all health care providers at CHC.--
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer Supervises: Clinical Support
- Maintenance of unrestricted Massachusetts medical license.
- Completion of the M.D. degree.
- Completion of three years post-graduate residency training in
an accredited Internal Medicine/Family Medicine residency
- Board eligibility in Internal Medicine/Family Medicine.
- Maintenance of current DEA and Massachusetts Controlled
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality care in a high-volume,
multicultural Health Center setting.
- Qualification for unrestricted admitting privileges at Baystate
Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center, and maintenance of such
privileges during job tenure.
- Qualification as a provider for major insurers.
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine/Family Medicine
- Fluency in Spanish, Russian, or Vietnamese
- Special expertise in provision of health care to under served,
culturally diverse populations Principle Responsibilities and
- Provide direct patient care services within area of expertise.
Assesses, plans, documents, and evaluates patient needs and
treatments. Ensures appropriate follow-up.
- Maintains a practice that is culturally and linguistically
sensitive, using interpreters and other assistance as
- Designs a plan of care based on assessment of physical,
emotional, and social needs, and in collaboration with the patient
and if appropriate, the family.
- Refers patients, as appropriate, to specialists and other
practitioners and facilities.
- Reviews patient charts and ensures that appropriate treatment
plans are developed and followed.
- Collaboratively works with other caregivers regarding patient
education and rehabilitation including promotion of mental and
- Serve rotation for on-call schedules.
- Cooperates with efforts of the CHC administration to monitor
and improve the quality of patient care provided. Communications/
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responds appropriately to verbal
and non-verbal communications of patients, families and
- Maintains patient's right to privacy, assuring dignity in the
provision of care; is discreet in all communications, written or
oral, about the patient's care.
- Utilizes tact, courtesy, patience, and discretion in dealing
with others. Problem Resolution:
- Consistently utilizes good judgment in the resolution of
problems, clinical and non-clinical.
- Posses the ability to act independently and is willing to make
decisions utilizing good judgment.
- Has the ability to visualize and anticipate new problems and to
be part of the problem solving process.
- Attends and actively participates in scheduled staff
- Participates in professional staff teaching, both formal and
informal as required.
- Maintains clinical competence through on-going medical
education and training.
- Maintains admitting privileges at local hospitals (Baystate,
Mercy). Working Conditions: 1. On-call coverage is generally
required; frequency depends upon need. 2. There is potential
exposure to patient blood and body fluids. 3. This position
requires the ability to use a computer workstation, viewing a
CRT/EMR. This--position requires compliance with Caring Health
Center's compliance standards, including its Standards of Conduct,
Compliance Program, and policies and procedures. Such compliance
will be an element considered as part of the--Medical Provider's
regular performance evaluation. JOB CODE: 000-0020 Get Updates Are
you interested in hearing about new opportunities at Caring Health
Center Inc in real time?--Enter your email address to be notified
automatically when new positions are posted.
Keywords: Caring Health Center Inc, Springfield , Internist, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!