Community Health Advocate
Company: City of Springfield
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Responsible for ensuring the health and safety of the public
when consuming food from establishments, swimming in pools or
ponds, and attending outdoor activities.Responsible for
record-keeping and filing inspection reports as a result of daily
inspections. Work is performed under the supervision of the
Director of Environmental Health. No supervision is exercised over
- Inspects food establishments and checks each for compliance
with state food regulations and food safety compliance.
- Rectifies any issues and teaches food safety.
- Inspects festivals, summer camps, outdoor and indoor pools and
mobile food carts.
- Obtains water samples from area swimming ponds and brings to
lab for testing.
- Larvicides private and public sites with standing water to
inhibit growth of mosquito larvae.
- Tracks all permits issued to various business
- Conducts filing and updates files.
- Deals effectively with the public in person and on the
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend regulations.
- Ability to articulate knowledge into basic terms in varied ways
to many different people.
- Ability to pass required certifications.
- Communication skills.
- General computer and office skills.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Training in public health and safety issues.
Keywords: City of Springfield, Springfield , Community Health Advocate, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!