Environmental Waste Department Supervisor
Company: Pace Life Sciences
Location: East Longmeadow
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Pace Analytical Services, LLC., a leading environmental
laboratory, has an immediate opening for a Full-time, Waste
Department Supervisor in our East Longmeadow, MA location. We are
looking for candidates seeking a long-time career with a
well-established and growing company. Pace offers a salary
commensurate with experience and a benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, life insurance,
disability coverage and 401(k) with a fully vested employer match,
and tuition reimbursement.
Responsible for providing or overseeing the analysis,
and oversight of lab, services, field or testing policies,
practices; provides feedback and direction, and guidance to
management, using professional and technical knowledge of
chemical, and related areas.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements
of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected
to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this
document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge
Supervises staff including hiring, training, evaluating
performance, providing compensation recommendations, and
Oversees and supervises broad areas of the operations, such
testing, scheduling, inventories, services, communication and
general coordination of the lab, services, and field.
Provides research, feedback and decisions to resolve management
and employee questions and requirements; assists with receiving
customer feedback and coordinating resources and responses as
Ensures the accuracy of tests and operational databases,
reports, and related details through audits, queries, and
operational reviews; works with teams to resolve discrepancies.
Overseeing or reviewing, completing and processing broad degrees
of tests, forms, documents, databases, and related materials and
Provides analysis, interpretation and counsel to staff,
management, and functional leaders regarding lab, services, field
or testing policies, programs and practices; involves broad
operations and leading implementation and change.
- Analyzes and reviews operations, results, feedback and related
lab, services, field or testing information on an ongoing to as
needed basis to determine trends, draw conclusions, interpret
findings, and presents results,
proposals and recommendations to management.
- Assists with developing or participating in department or
cross-functional project or program objectives, which includes
proposed budgets, timelines, materials, personnel, and other
project requirements, receives
direction and presents information to management.
Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and
assists with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; receives
guidance within these areas as needed.
Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the
department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and
directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by
demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting
with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a
harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, or a closely related
field; AND five (5) years of lab, services, field or testing
experience, including experience with complex programs or
operations; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and
experience. Two (2) years of team leadership is strongly
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses
and certificates being maintained in
active status without suspension or revocation.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Supervisory principles and practices.
- Very complex to specialized principles, practices and
techniques in the lab, services, field or testing area.
- Broad understanding of the administration and oversight of lab,
services, field or testing programs, policies and procedures.
- Very complex to specialized methods to resolve lab, services,
field or testing problems, questions and concerns.
- Broad understanding of applicable lab, services, field or
testing laws, codes and regulations.
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to
ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and
- Supervising and evaluating employees and providing related
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the
- Performing very complex to specialized professional-level lab,
services, field or testing duties in a variety of assigned
- Overseeing and administering broad and varied lab, services,
field or testing functions.
- Serving as a team member and the development and management of
- Operating in a both a team and individual contributor
- Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes
- Preparing very complex to specialized functional reports,
correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those
contacted in the course of the work.
- Performing effective oral presentations to large and small
groups across functional peers and the department.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work
unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the
The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Mobility to work in a lab, services, field and office setting,
use standard office and lab, services, field equipment and stamina
to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of
force occasionally and/or up to 10
pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move
objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and
hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the
Work is performed in lab, services, field and office settings.
Work is subject to exposure to blood or bodily fluids, chemicals,
fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab, services,
field and environmental setting.
Keywords: Pace Life Sciences, Springfield , Environmental Waste Department Supervisor, Other , East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!