CDL B Delivery Driver
Company: Performance Food Group
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Delivery Driver - Class B will drive a tractor trailer or
straight trucks on intrastate and interstate local routes for the
purpose of delivering and/or unloading food and food related
products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance
with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates
and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally
ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
Functions as a team member within the department and organization,
as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform "pre-trip safety check" inspection of truck and trailer
according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations;
inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality
standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of
products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate
and in legible fashion all the required paperwork associated with
freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded
trailer as needed.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a
predetermined route and delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer transport items into
designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on
items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to
company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain
proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver
check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets,
insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from
trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in
accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform "post trip safety check" on the vehicle, secure tractor
and trailer and / or "Red Tag" for repair or maintenance as needed.
Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and
keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift
secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL-B
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or
other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of
varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges
from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90
pounds, depending on the location
Keywords: Performance Food Group, Springfield , CDL B Delivery Driver, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!