RN & LPN Positions - Hampden County
Company: Pathlight Group
Posted on: June 9, 2021
RN's and LPN's Wanted !!
Pathlight is hiring now!! Now Offering Hiring and Retention
Pay Rate: LPN - $25.30/hr
Pay Rate: RN - $30.24/hr
NEW - Hadley ONLY Pay Rates:
LPN $26.84 RN $33.04
LPN $29.33 Overnight Rate
RN $35.05 Overnight Rate
Pathlight is urgently seeking compassionate, caring and reliable
individuals to perform a variety of direct care duties to support
individuals with medical, behavioral, and developmental
Practice your nursing skills in a small group home in
Are you an RN or LPN looking for meaningful work that allows you
to make a difference in the lives of individuals with complex
medical needs, intellectual and developmental disabilities? When
you join Pathlight, you join a team of dedicated, skilled,
forward-thinking employees who are the source of Pathlight's
ongoing success. We offer 24/7 care to our clients and many of our
positions can accommodate a variety of scheduling needs.
Pathlight offers a great benefits package for eligible
Summary of position: Perform nursing duties to provide direct
and indirect nursing care including health maintenance, teaching,
counseling, planning and restoration for individuals'
w/developmental disabilities Provide support and instruction to
families, daycare providers, direct care staff in keeping with
Program policies, Nurse Practice Ace and related standards and
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess the health status of individuals and record related
health data. Analyze and interpret data and make informed judgments
as to the specific problems and elements of nursing care mandated
by a particular situation. Respond accordingly to on-call and/or
emergency situations. Ensure all records and files are maintained
properly; ensure confidentiality and safekeeping.
- Plan and implement nursing intervention which includes all
appropriate elements of nursing care, prescribed medical or other
therapeutic regimens mandated by a particular situation, as well as
the individual's ongoing nursing care plan and nursing protocols.
Evaluate outcomes of nursing interventions and initiate changes as
appropriate. Render direct (or indirect nursing care per program)
on-site as needed including the provision of psychosocial support.
As program dictates coordinate, schedule and accompany on medical
or related appointments. Ensure coordination and completion of
- Administer medications and related activities as indicated by
program and in accordance with physician's orders in consultation
and accepted standards.
- Review medication needs regularly with appropriate parties.
Implement/document changes in medications as ordered by physicians.
Per program provide for proper storage and inventories of
medications and medical supplies.
- Develop and/or maintain a current written nursing care plan and
nursing safety protocols for assigned individuals. Review and
update plan and or protocols annually or as needed. Represent plans
and related interests on internal and external interdisciplinary
teams. Per program provide, arrange for and coordinate the
provision of routine auxiliary care/health maintenance services as
appropriate. Ensure maintenance of related documentation, record
keeping and reporting.
- Provide the control of and/or identify, assess and report
communicable diseases and infection situations. Employ protective
measures. Instruct and provide technical assistance to others in
prevention and protection.
- Provide and coordinate health teaching required by individuals,
their families and significant others and related groups per
program, so as to maintain optimal level of health care. Initiate
the involvement of other health care providers, facilitating a team
approach as appropriate.
- Collaborate, cooperate and communicate as appropriate with
other health care providers, allied professionals, etc. to ensure
quality and continuity of care. Act as liaison between nursing and
other programs services. Prepare staff members for certification in
medication administration in conformance with applicable state
- Provide part time immediate supervision of assigned nursing
staff as dictated by program structure. Instruct, assign, review
and check daily routines. Provide technical assistance and guidance
as needed. Participate in performance evaluation of staff as
requested. May assist with orientation and training of new nursing
- Assist management in the development and carrying out of the
Program's nursing services.
- Lead and/or participate in the ISP process.
- Maintain current knowledge of the practice of nursing including
of the field of developmental disability nursing.
- Schedule, assist and accompany individuals on medical or
related appointments and testing as required per program.
- Ordering of medications and medical supplies as program
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Diversified duties involving an intensive knowledge of nursing
care and the use of a wide range of procedures.
- Requires the use of judgment in the provision of nursing care
and in the determination of the best actions to be taken within the
limits of accepted practice.
- Work with confidential data such as individual's served
records, CPR certification.
- Knowledge of practical nursing requiring some advanced skills
knowledge equal to high school plus additional specialized
- 1 year experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Pathlight has demonstrated a commitment to issues of diversity.
We welcome all applicants. EOE
Keywords: Pathlight Group, Springfield , RN & LPN Positions - Hampden County, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!