Occupational Therapist - Buckley HealthCare Center
Company: National Healthcare Corporation
Posted on: June 9, 2021
PRN Occupational Therapist (OT) for great SNF in Greenfield,
At Buckley HealthCare Center, we deliver quality short-term and
long term care in a warm, personalized manner. Ours is a flexible,
interdisciplinary approach to health care, centered on caregiver
compassion and delivered in a comfortable, home-like setting. We
serve the occupational, physical and speech therapy rehabilitative
needs of adults of all ages through a full spectrum of intensive
services. Our team of health care professionals tailors programs to
meet each patient's needs.
Buckley HealthCare Center, a 120-bed NHC facility, is currently
seeking a PRN Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our team in
providing evidence based treatment to inpatients requiring extended
short and long term rehabilitation services following medically
complex, neurological, and/or orthopedic conditions.
This position is responsible for supervising and participating
in the implementation of a wide variety of Occupational Therapy
techniques for the rehabilitation of patients with physical,
cognitive, or psychosocial disabilities, injuries, or diseases.
Considerable initiative and judgment are required in evaluating,
recommending and providing treatments and monitoring and
interpreting patients' reactions
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, and
equipment used in occupational therapy.
- Knowledge of the possible hazards to patients and necessary,
precautionary measures during treatment.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and adapt a physician's
written or oral directions and to suggest treatment programs and
outline expected benefits regarding occupational therapy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with patients, families, medical staff and other
- Ability to perform the mental, physical, and emotional
requirements of the job.
- Possess the initiative and judgment involved in planning,
performing, and supervising occupational therapy services according
to accepted standards of Occupational Therapy practice.
- Thorough knowledge of third-party reimbursement requirements
for documentation and treatment. Seek information from appropriate
sources as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing settings and patients.
- Must be flexible, a team player, and positive attitude and have
- Must have Massachusetts OT (Occupational Therapist)
- Graduate of an AOTA accredited Occupational Therapy Program and
initially certified or eligible for certification by the NCBOT
- Prior SNF, Matrix, and Casamba experience a plus
Buckley HealthCare Center is pleased to be named as one of the
"Best Nursing Homes" by U.S. News and World Report and proud to be
a CMS 5 star center!!
Buckley HealthCare Center is pleased to be a part of the NHC
National HealthCare Corporation family. The NHC environment is one
of encouragement and challenge ... innovation and improvement ...
teamwork and collaboration ... and honesty and integrity. All NHC
employees are committed as partners, not only to the health of our
patients, but to the well-being of the communities we serve.
If you are interested in working for a leader in senior care and
share NHC's values of honesty and integrity, please apply online or
find out more about us at nhccare.com/locations/buckley/
We look forward to talking with you!!
Keywords: National Healthcare Corporation, Springfield , Occupational Therapist - Buckley HealthCare Center, Other , Greenfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!