Assistant Beverage Manager (MGM Springfield)
Company: MGM Resorts
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Assistant Beverage Manager is responsible for maintaining
the high standards of MGM Springfield and to support the objectives
of the Beverage Department. Supervise the Beverage department staff
to ensure proper service to customers.
- Assist in managing all daily operational beverage functions
consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department,
- Assist in managing the Beverage team to include efficient
staffing, team member development and training, performance
management, hiring/termination decisions and policy
- Responsible for maintaining accurate paperwork for payroll,
records, employment, etc., in the Beverage Manager's absence.
- Maintains standards in quality of drinks and service.
- Ensures efficiency of service through physical observations in
the casino and back of the house areas.
- Represent needs of department to the Beverage Manager.
- Assists in maintaining Company and Departmental health and
- Completes appropriate reports for shift as required by Beverage
- Assists in overseeing of ordering and maintaining of par levels
for each beverage outlet.
- Reduces waste and breakage of all products.
- Conducts Team Updates meetings and relays pertinent information
to the staff.
- Checks for proper appearance standards among all beverage
- Checks for gaming permits before checking in bartenders and bar
- Checks cleanliness of bars.
- Checks levels of products in each outlet.
- Manages staff to ensure they are following proper policies and
- Supervises casino floor, service bars, and all beverage
- Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position.
It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of
the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is
expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective
operation of the department.
- Cocktail Servers
- Apprentice Bartender
- Bar Porter
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in Business Management or Hospitality or
equivalent work experience with luxury resorts and restaurant
organizations with full responsibility over Beverage
- At least three (3) years' experience in a high volume bar,
wine, and/or beverage service environment.
- At least one (1) year of experience in the direction and
supervision of employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MA Gaming License as required
- Alcohol Awareness Card
- Food Handler Card
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Must possess excellent organizational skills to function
effectively under time constraints, and within established
deadlines, with particular attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to view operations creatively and with
sales orientation, possess effective leadership, communication, and
problem solving, reasoning and analytical abilities and be able to
work in a fast-paced, busy, stressful environment.
- Working knowledge of PC software (MS Word, Excel, Access,
Outlook, etc.), fax machines, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Ability to establish guidelines for proper staffing to maximize
efficiency and minimize labor costs.
- Understanding, working knowledge of profit/loss statements,
variance reports, payroll, inventory, pour cost, and liquor
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
- Other - Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside
of normal business hours.
Keywords: MGM Resorts, Springfield , Assistant Beverage Manager (MGM Springfield), Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!