Location: South Deerfield
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Production Manager will lead the development and execution
of manufacturing processes to achieve shared objectives across the
facility. This role will measure safety, quality, delivery, and
cost performance while leveraging data to drive continuous
improvement efforts. The Production Manager is responsible for
driving results through efficiency gains, balancing capacity to
demand, managing labor, and developing and leading a diverse
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees all aspects of production, including, but not limited
to, planning and scheduling, staffing, manufacturing operations,
final assembly, and on-time delivery of product.
- Contributes to the development of, and manages, operating
budget; ensures achievement of financial objectives.
- Manages efforts to identify root causes of issues negatively
impacting production objectives.
- Leads and coordinates a wide variety of identified and approved
initiatives and projects designed to improve processes and
- Participate in new product development and/or product change
- Ensures effective employee relations, provides employee
coaching and development to leaders and associates.
- Develops and executes enhanced training program for new hires
- Collaborates with Scheduling/Planning to maximize throughput
- Recommends and makes improvements in value stream machinery,
equipment, industrialization and manufacturing methods. Provides
capital investment justification to the leadership team.
- Maintains good technical knowledge of operations; follows the
escalation process to address and respond to abnormalities and
recommends corrective action as required.
- Ensures that standard operating procedures are developed,
executed and updated in accordance with ISO guidelines in the
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the
Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows
safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in manufacturing related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 5-7 years production or plant management experience
in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Experience with TPS, ISO9001:2008, and lean manufacturing
- Solid understanding and application of workplace 6S and other
Lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in
applying injection molding principles and practices.
- Proven track record of building a team managing change
streamlining processes and driving safety quality delivery and cost
- Strong analytical problem-solving delegation and conflict
- Exceptional leadership interpersonal and organizational
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Pelican, Springfield , Production Manager, Other , South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!