Senior Technician - PLC Programming
Job Summary and Description:
Provides technical assistance and advice to Engineers, Project
Managers and Program Managers. Normally receives little instruction
on daily work; will receive guidance on taking on new complex
assignments. Performs engineering or scientific services that may
include but are not limited to the following (in compliance with
current industry and Government practices):
• Tests and evaluation
• Technology planning
• Systems architecture development
• Requirements development
• Concept development
• Systems design
• System development and integration
• Systems operation and construction
• Integrated logistics support
• Modeling and simulation
• May provide oversight and training to other Technicians.
Certification and/or Associate Degree in Engineering or
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 3-5 years of prior experience as a technician in at least one
of the primary engineering or scientific disciplines.
• Must be able to set up, assemble, install or build components
of experimental apparatus or equipment.
• Expertise in a specific field requiring specialized training
• Performs work of broad scope and complexity that requires
application of demonstrated ability to interpret, select, adapt and
apply many guidelines, precedents and principles and practices
which apply to the area of specialization.
Additional Job Information:
The ideal candidate will have:
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by
the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security
Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status
of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form
against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please
indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S.
visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
- Experience working with data acquisition instruments
- Experience in automating data capture, utilizing PLC/HMI
interfaces strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of instrument networking also strongly
- The ability to work at heights greater than
- The ability to work outdoors during in-climate
- Experience with high voltage electricity transmission and
distribution systems as a plus