Steakhouse Host Person - Part time (MGM Springfield)
Company: MGM Resorts International
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Location:Springfield, MassachusettsPOSITION SUMMARYIt is the
primary responsibility of the Gourmet Host Person to greet and seat
guests and assist Food Servers, Bus Persons, and Food Service
Runners related to guest contact and table information. All duties
are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property
policies, practices, and procedures, as well as operational service
- Maintains positive guest relations at all times, including
greeting guests with eye contact and a smile and wishing guests a
fond farewell as guests depart, and offers excellent service to
ensure a memorable guest experience. Utilizes guests' names
throughout interactions, if known.
- Resolves guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Seats guests, following proper rotation and accommodating all
guest requests when possible
- Oversees daily restaurant reservations and pre-assigning
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the restaurant's
sequence of service to assess table turns and accurately quote wait
times and book reservations.
- Delivers guest beverages from the lounge/bar to the table when
- Oversees daily restaurant reservations using the reservation
book and/or Table Management system(s), and manages the wait list
to ensure seat times are timely and accurate.
- Communicates with restaurant management and Restaurant
Reservations regarding special orders, cake orders, and special
- Sets up Host Person station with necessary supplies, maintains
cleanliness at all times, and answers restaurant telephone
courteously and efficiently. Shuts down podium, and forwards phones
to voice-loop at end of shift.
- Maintains complete knowledge of scheduled daily activities and
in-house groups, daily house count, table/seat/station numbers,
proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price
range, and dress code of the restaurant.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of menu and guest
offerings, and accurately answers guest questions regarding all
aspects of the restaurant.
- Recognizes repeat and VIP customers, and anticipates their
needs to provide an excellent guest experience. Assists Management
with approvals on VIP checks as needed.
- Presents menus, and extends congenialities (non-alcohol and
alcohol beverages), according to department guidelines.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and
organization of assigned work areas, abiding by State
sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not
intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way
each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to
perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the
- N/AEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of host person experience in a high-volume,
guest service environment.Preferred:
- Six (6) months of gourmet host person experience.CERTIFICATES,
- Certification in food handling, alcohol awareness, gaming,
etc., as mandated by local law.KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Seating Guests: Knowledge of procedures for seating guests in
F&B outlets. This may include greeting guests; escorting,
seating, and handing menus to guests; knowledge of table numbers;
and using table/station rotation procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain
professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with
managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This
includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen
to and address others' questions or concerns; treating others with
kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and
compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
- Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of
a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team
members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive
of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering
others' ideas and opinions, sharing information with others,
adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit
to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
- Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent
service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This
includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and
enthusiastic manner, building trust and delighting guests,
anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining
calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult
or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking
action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing
- Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly
and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking.
This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the
information to the needs of the receiver.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: The ability to work in ambiguous
situations and change one's style or approach in response to
differing circumstances. This includes being open to change and new
information; adapting behavior and work methods in response to new
information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; and
adjusting rapidly to new situations warranting attention and
- Company Polices Knowledge: The ability and willingness to learn
and understand the company's policies, procedures, and regulations
related to operations, guest relations, human resources, safety,
security, and loss prevention.
- Property Features/Services: Knowledge of services, amenities,
hours of operation, property layout, and activities offered by
- Host/Hostess Station Procedures: The ability to manage a
hostess station, including creating and using a floor plan to
divide restaurant into sections, using station rotation charts to
seat guests. This also includes the knowledge of how and when to
use chalkboards for marketing daily specials and promotional items.
- Local Area: Knowledge of local area activities, events,
restaurants, entertainment venues, and houses of worship. This
includes the ability to provide directions using maps or mapping
- Dining Environment: The ability to monitor an indoor or outdoor
dining environment to ensure the room is running smoothly and
guests are receiving assistance as requested. This includes
demonstrating an appropriate awareness of atmosphere and
maintaining correct settings for music, room temperature (including
fireplace use), curtains, ceiling fans, lighting, and lamps for the
time of day and/or year.WORK SCHEDULE/HOURS:
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
- Other - Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside
of normal business hours.
Keywords: MGM Resorts International, Springfield , Steakhouse Host Person - Part time (MGM Springfield), Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!