Company: City of Pittsfield
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The Pittsfield Fire Department is seeking a qualified individual
for the position of Head Clerk, which shall provide clerical
support in the Administrative Office located at Fire Headquarters.
The Head Clerk must have excellent interpersonal skills, be highly
organized, and requires thorough knowledge of the departments work
methods and procedures. The Clerk must maintain a professional and
courteous demeanor, and possess strong customer service skills as
the individual will have interaction with constituents, public
officials, and other employees. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes payroll for Fire Department.
- Provides general clerical support including answering
telephones and provides callers with requested information, or
forwards call to appropriate personnel.
- Processes invoices; petty cash, expense vouchers, medical bills
for injured personnel.
- Calculates and receives fees; balances cash drawer; prepares
deposits, distributes mail and maintains inventory of office
- Appointment scheduling as needed.
- Prepares documentation to include tallies, logs, and activity
reports and performs any required OSHA reporting.
- Must be familiar with duties performed by Principal Clerk and
may periodically serve as back-up in the absence of Principal
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a fast-paced office
environment, experience in municipal government preferred
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing,
to establish positive public relations for the municipality and
department, and to interact effectively with a wide variety of
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with other
employees; possess a willingness to learn and to problem-solve and
ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office
suite (Excel, Word, etc.); ability to learn new software
applications that may be unique to the position and Office of the
Fire Department WORKING CONDITIONS This is an office-based job in a
dynamic municipal building. While performing the duties of the Head
Clerk, the incumbent is required to: interact and communicate
frequently with the public, government officials, other staff
members and boards, and/or third parties transacting business with
the City. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Operates standard office equipment
including computers and keyboards, at efficient speed; and move
throughout the municipal building which may include flights of
stairs. Lifts/moves objects weighing up to 10-20 pounds. HOURS
Monday - Friday, 35 Hours per week SALARY Starting rate $17.02 -
$17.97 per hour Annual increases up to $21.73 an hour APPLICATION
DEADLINE: Monday, November 1, 2021 @ 4:00PM
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed
to promoting a multicultural work force, excellence in public
service, and on-going mutual respect in our working relationships.
We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities,
LGBTQ+ individuals, and people from other underrepresented groups
to apply for our open positions - recognizing and respecting that
diverse perspectives and experiences are valuable to our team and
essential to our public service.
Keywords: City of Pittsfield, Springfield , Head Clerk, Other , Becket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!