Company: Auto Plus
Location: Great Barrington
Posted on: January 11, 2022
OverviewAuto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts
distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with
best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable
automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in
Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 1,900 Team Members with
decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry,
united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations
with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 300
locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus
member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail
stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most
trusted business partner and employer in the automotive
aftermarket.Position SummaryThe Parts Specialist sells replaceable
parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles in a
parts store. Ascertains make, year, and type of part needed,
inspects worn, damaged, or defective part to determine replacement
required, or informs customer of part needed according to
description of malfunction. This position has been designated as a
safety-sensitive position.Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide retail and professional customers with professional,
clear and courteous service.
- Operate a Point of Sale (POS) system to record customer
- Complete cash balance sheets accurately, practice option and
add-on selling techniques.
- Ensure that parts are in stock and delivered to customers in a
- Communicate SPIFFs, store specials, benefits and warranty
policy information to customers.
- Assist in store inventories.
- May assist in deliveries of product to customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- 1 year picking and packing experience.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-selling techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product
knowledge.Physical Demands/Work EnvironmentThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.Physical Demands
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Auto Plus, Springfield , Parts Specialist, Other , Great Barrington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!