Patient Registration Clerk
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the
world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We
are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Vehicle Service Technician (VST) is responsible for ensuring
that all ambulances are 'response ready' for field crews coming in
for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and
increasing the quality and delivery of our services to the crews
and our patients. The delivered product is a clean vehicle inside
and out with well stocked shelves and functioning equipment. It is
important that the product produced is maintained to the highest
* Vehicle inventory check/control of supplies and equipment.
* Clean ambulances and other field vehicles inside and outside
* Restock ambulance supplies daily.
* Ensure deep cycling of monitor batteries as required.
* Check and top off oil and window washer fluid daily.
* Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
* Requisition supplies for replacement.
* Inform Supervisor and Fleet Maintenance of breakdowns and cause
of equipment failure for repair/reallocate ambulance to crew and
keep accurate log.
* Document condition of ambulance at EOS and schedule preparedness
for shift personnel.
* Update 'crew in service' formation on computer for equipment
* Respond to daily phone inquiries from crews to help facilitate
coordination between departments.
* Conduct self in a professional manner in accordance with the
Company's 'Standards of Conduct' policy
* Arrive for duty appropriately groomed and in the proper work
* Complete all required/assigned Company training
* Adhere to and comply with all Company and information security
systems policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Some experience in the industry preferred
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to work under time constraints
* Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication
* Valid State Driver's License - Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working
* Fatigue, repetitive and intense tasks. Busy environment, high
pressure. May work alone or with others. May work in confined
areas. Exposure to noise or other hazardous conditions associated
with the treatment of emergent medical conditions. Exposure to
electrical equipment. Extended work shifts potentially on nights,
weekends, and/or holidays.
* Smelling, reading, kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning,
twisting, hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching,
pushing, pulling, reaching standing, sitting. Carrying multiple
pieces of equipment while pushing cot. Driving ambulance, walking
inside and outside in weather. Performing visual inspections.
Climbing a ladder or step stool. Lifting to 70 lbs. Operate basic
office equipment, communication devices, wheelchair, and
* Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and
reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness of alternative
solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Analyzing and
decision making. Simple reading, writing, and math skills. Clerical
memorization, perception/computation, problem solving and
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
Reports to: Operations Manager/Operations Supervisor
Interrelationships: Operations Support
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Springfield , Patient Registration Clerk, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!