Line Operator - 3rd Shift
Company: Advanced Drainage Systems
Posted on: January 15, 2022
LINE OPERATORS - 3rd Shift
We seek out the best talent and offer tremendous opportunity for
growth, competitive compensation and benefits for individuals who
want a career with a great company that maintains a family
Although our products are typically underground and go unnoticed by
most people, we come to work every day to provide cleaner, more
sustainable and longer lasting water management products that allow
people to live their lives more comfortably and healthily. ADS
products prevent fields from eroding and homes from flooding. They
keep crops growing, roads and airports in use and prevent
contamination of local waterways.
With a history of breaking new ground and advancing our industry,
we are seeking talented people to join our dynamic company. Thanks
to our people ADS has become an industry leader and our people
recognize the vital role they play in sustaining our environment
and water management.
A Line Operator is responsible for performing and maintaining the
daily activities associated with a production line. This includes
housekeeping, safety, quality, maintaining production efficiencies,
repair and maintenance and minimizing downtime. This position
requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as
required. Ability to work varying shifts is also required due to
This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week
(8+ hours shifts) and weekends as required.
Joining our team has great benefits, here's just a few for our
12-hour shift opportunities:
Work-life balance, with more days off per month you'll enjoy time
away from work. You can plan your life around predictable schedules
and extra days off for personal interests, hobbies, and wellness
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited
* Embraces a culture of safety
* Manages a plastic extrusion line to ensure finished goods meet
quality specifications that meet customer needs
* Utilizes standard operating procedures to ensure the production
line is running with specifications
* Leads with line tooling changes, start-ups and shutdowns
* Maintains a safe work environment through practicing proper PPE
and housekeeping compliance.
* Accurately completes shift production and reporting
* Conducts regular product sampling to ensure consistent
* Assist with Preventative Maintenance program
* Meets or exceeds standard production efficiencies on all
* Maintains and increases ability to operate various production
lines through certifications
* Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs
and adjustments to meet production needs as required.
* Perform tooling changeovers in a safe and efficient manner
* Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent
use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
* Practice continuous improvement which not only includes the line
but also facility housekeeping
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
* Mechanical troubleshooting and repair abilities.
* Basic computer skills.
* Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Ability to operate heavy machinery, i.e. forklifts, in a safe
* Reading and Writing skills
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Previous manufacturing machine operation or extrusion
* Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in
* Position requires full range of body motion including twisting,
bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount
industrial equipment and vehicles.
* Ability to stand and be mobile throughout a 8+ hour shift.
* Ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and
transport finished goods.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program
* Retirement Plan
* Paid Holidays/ Vacation Days
* And much more
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Advanced Drainage Systems, Springfield , Line Operator - 3rd Shift, Other , Ludlow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!