Nurse Practitioner or PA Great 8-5 Setting, No Nights, Weekends, Holidays or On-Call!!
Company: Fallon Community Health Plan
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Nurse Practitioner or PA Great 8-5 Setting, No Nights, Weekends,
Holidays or On-Call!!US-MA-SpringfieldJob ID: 6729Type: Full Time#
of Openings: 1Category: NursingSummit Eldercare -
SpringfieldOverviewThat's Right!.. Fantastic work setting working
in an elder adult day setting -
- Practical Monday to Friday Work week!
- Predictable 8:00 to 5:00 Day Shift!
- No Nights, No Weekends, No On-Call!
- Quality over Quantity Care Setting!
- Great Mentoring with Physicians and Opportunities to Work with
- PACE is a Growing Area of Health Care, Come Grow with It! About
Summit ElderCare:Offered by Fallon Health, we are the only program
of its kind in Central Massachusetts and is one of eight PACE
programs (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) in the
State. Summit ElderCare - provides a combination of medical, social
and insurance services using an interdisciplinary team approach to
help older adults avoid nursing home placement. The program offers
outpatient medical care, social day programming, home care and
comprehensive insurance coverage with no co-payments or paperwork
for participants. Our Physicians and Advanced Practitioners are
able to provide care for the frail elder not available in any other
setting and enjoy the flexibility to devote as much time as needed
for the clinical and social needs of our participants. We leverage
a collaborative team approach to care planning called the
Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). The IDT is comprised of Providers
(MD/DO and NP/PA), Nurses, Social Workers, Physical and
Occupational Therapists, Dieticians, Health Aides, Recreation
staff, Home Care and Transportation Coordinators and Site
Administrator. This approach to care is the gold standard for
complex and frail older adults who wish to avoid nursing home
placement. Summary:Manages a primary care panel of participants and
provides continuity primary health care to PACE participants that
reside in the community or long-term care setting with a focus on
goal oriented, person-centered care, disease progression, disease
prevention, wellness and management of chronic and episodic illness
consistent with the participant's goals of care. Works in close
collaboration with all members of the PACE Interdisciplinary Team.
Establishes realistic goals and helps develop and manage
individualized plans of care with the IDT team for program
participants. Provides primary health care to Summit ElderCare
program participants focusing on disease prevention, wellness and
management of chronic and episodic illness. Addresses advance
directives in a participant-focused manner focusing on what matters
most. Works in close collaboration with the program's
interdisciplinary team to establish realistic goals and care plans
and develop and manage individualized plans of care for program
- Performs post enrollment visits, biannual exams of participants
and appropriately identifies and documents problems/issues in
- Evaluates episodic illnesses and issues appropriate diagnostic
and therapeutic orders
- Collaborates with physicians and other interdisciplinary team
members to manage episodic and chronic medical needs of
- Addresses and documents Advance Directives/MOLST discussion for
participants a minimum of annually and when a change in participant
- Performs diagnostic, therapeutic and nursing intervention as
- Provides continuity in monitoring of chronic, stable
- Implements the participant plan of care in a safe and effective
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Evaluates effectiveness of previously implemented
- Conducts home and nursing home visits as indicated
- Maintains accurate documentation and coding of all services
provided according to professional standards
- Identifies utilization and service delivery problems and
participates in identifying a resolution
- Identifies grievances and brings forward to leadership
- Participates in quality assessment activities including but not
limited to record reviews, outcome measurement and review/revision
of policies and procedures
- Provides education and training to participants, caregivers and
staff in relevant topics
- Acts a resource to program staff and participates in defining
care standards and practices
- Serves on appropriate committees, participates in all site and
provider staff meetings including behavioral rounds and psychiatric
rounds as indicated.
- Enhances personal professional growth and self-development
through participation in professional activities including
educational programs, current literature, in-service programs,
trainings and workshops.
- Maintains BLS certification and professional certification as
- May be asked to perform other duties that align with Fallon
Health's mission, including but not limited to participation on
clinical committees, providing education, quality initiatives
and/or other activities.Qualifications
- Master's degree required. Graduate of an accredited Nurse
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of
Registration in Nursing.
- One to three years of Nurse Practitioner experience preferred
with at least one year of experience in geriatric care.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting as a member of a
professional clinical team.
- Experience with care coordination.About Fallon HealthFounded in
1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization
that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In
addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a
variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating
unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated,
integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health
needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation's top health
plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality
Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products.
For more information, visit .PM16 PI177597198
Keywords: Fallon Community Health Plan, Springfield , Nurse Practitioner or PA Great 8-5 Setting, No Nights, Weekends, Holidays or On-Call!!, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!