Supervisor, Tool Room
Company: US Tsubaki Power Transmission, LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The TSUBAKI name is synonymous with excellence in quality,
dependability and customer service. U.S. Tsubaki is a leading
manufacturer and supplier of power transmission and motion control
products. As a part of a vast, international network of corporate
and industrial resources, Tsubaki offers its customers the finest
state-of-the-art products available in the world and we strive to
be the Best Value supplier in the industry. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this
job are included but not limited to this job description - other
tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Directs workers engaged in making, repairing, and
troubleshooting tools, dies, fixtures used to fabricate, modify,
process and assembly metal chain parts and finished chain and
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to
workers, and assigns duties.
- Coordinate outsourcing of tooling and PM of tool room machines
as necessary, Requisitions and keeps supply of tool steel and
tooling supplies for tool room
- Create and monitor daily efficient flow of material through the
department by utilization of manpower and equipment in the
- Determine and implement continuous improvement plans for the
equipment, and overall department.
- Develop and track yearly budget for the department ensure goals
are met by reducing cost related to production and MRO
- Foster working relationships with associated departments i.e.
Die Repair, Pressroom. Etc.
- Understands, communicates, and follows all company policies,
work rules, and Union Contract. Effectively utilizes this knowledge
to: analyze and resolve departmental problems or assist workers in
solving work problems; correctly maintain time and attendance
records; confer with Group Leader(s) and employees to coordinate
activities of individual departments; ensure departmental records
are accurate; and make daily decisions on production schedules and
personnel related matters that affect the delivery and quality.It
is the expectation of the company that Supervisors will accomplish
these goals by working to a high ethical standard and consistently
complies with all company policies, work rules, Union Contractual
agreements, and applicable laws with little to no direct
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree Preferred but Not Required.
Machining technology licenses or certificates are acceptable
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing,
Project Management and ISO procedures preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of business math
skills as they apply to production and inventory.
- Ability to understand a wide range of intellectual and
practical problems by applying principles of logical or scientific
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific
equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to
deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Microsoft Office Excel, and Word, Internet Communications,
Measurement Systems and Analysis, Print interpretation, MRP/ERP
SystemsU.S. Tsubaki offers a competitive compensation package,
including health benefits effective on date of hire, generous
401(k) match and profit sharing, education reimbursement, and
annual bonus potential.Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: US Tsubaki Power Transmission, LLC, Springfield , Supervisor, Tool Room, Other , Holyoke, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!