Plant Accounting Coordinator
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Plant Accounting Coordinator
Compiles data from various sources to prepare daily, weekly, and
monthly reports used by management in support of plant operations
in the areas of packaging, production yields, cycle counting,
physical inventory, creating and maintaining bill of materials,
labor and other accounting related activities that meet the planned
profitability of the organization. Provides advice to members of
senior management and assists them in achieving profit and volume
objectives. Identifies cost savings opportunities; provides
accurate and timely production results and financial analysis for
business decisions. Performs Payroll and Accounts Payable function
as needed for facility.
- Compiles data from various sources
(SAP, ADC, manual sheets from Supervisors, etc.) to prepare various
daily reports in Excel including Yield Reports, Daily Pack Report,
OPS Report, and Labor Report requiring data entry, data
manipulation, and formulas in Excel.
- Researches missing invoices by contacting vendors, the
Purchasing department and Accounts Payable and responding to vendor
inquiries about invoices.
- Ensures all production orders are properly reconciled and
recognized in the correct day, week and period and investigates and
follows-up timely on all production order errors or
- Completes the weekly Scorecard so management can assess and
evaluate operational performance against forecast, standard, and
- Analyzes and investigates manufacturing variance accounts
(i.e., labor efficiency, yields, formulation, overhead, PPV, etc)
and provides explanations.
- Assists in the tracking of cost savings against budgets and the
measurement of actual savings.
- Reviews raw material and packaging standard costs for accuracy
on an annual basis. Reviews purchase price variance accounts
- Prepares and distributes the daily yield and labor efficiency
- Reviews raw meat, packaging, ingredients and MRO parts
inventory for accuracy and reconciliation to ledger.
- Performs BOM analysis and verification as part of our bills of
materials and routings review. Ensure an annual 100 percent review
of bills of materials and routings and enter in the tracking
- Assists in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
implementation and maintains internal control documentation and the
testing of internal controls.
- Prepares and updates the monthly account validation documents
as part of our SOX reporting responsibilities.
- Ensures that financial controls are in place across the plant,
which are in accordance to Group policy and actively adhered to,
including accounting cut-off procedures.
- Provides back up and support to other Accounting staff in the
areas of yield reporting, finished goods inventory, payroll and
other areas as assigned.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related
field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- 2+ years relevant work experience in an accounting or finance
- Strong understanding of accounting principles including
production yields, variances, and inventory control processes in
relation to general ledger reporting. Previous Payroll and A/P
experience a plus.
- Strong skill-set using Microsoft Office, especially Excel),
including manipulation of large amounts of data.
- SAP, Kronos or experience with similar systems, preferred.
- Ability to explain complicated processes in an
easy-to-understand manner when dealing with employee issues.
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationships with
both Plant and Corporate Finance and Operations personnel.
- Must be able to remain flexible and focused when priorities
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to fully research issues, execute instructions and
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside
of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or
humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat
(non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts,
exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, and
talk or hear.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Springfield , Plant Accounting Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!