Cultivation Propagation Supervisor
Company: Flower Power Growers
Location: Turners Falls
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Job Description: *
The cultivation team is responsible for cannabis care in all stages
of growth, not limited to, but including germination, propagation,
vegetative states, and flowering.
This role is focused on the probation, vegetation and cloning of
the plants and is crucial in ensuring that our garden is full of
plants that are happy, healthy and yield strong results.
Cultivation Propagation Supervisor reports directly to the Director
of Cultivation and is responsible for the supervision of all daily
tasks in their assigned areas within the Cultivation Facility.
Our ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, high
attention to detail, and the ability to interact positively and
effectively in a team environment. This role reports directly to
the Director of Cultivation and works closely with the Cultivation
Technicians in a supervisory capacity.
*Duties & Responsibilities: *
* Supervises the Veg and Clone teams in all daily tasks under the
Director of Cultivation's guidance.
* Works with the Director of Cultivation to create clone cut
* Manages and tracks plant inventories throughout the cultivation
department using the Metrc seed to sale tracking system.
* Assigns tasks to the Veg and Clone teams.
* Trains new cultivation and Clone Team members.
* Propagates plant cuttings and seeds according to the FPG
* Maintains mother plants.
* Performs plant and crop maintenance using FPG standard procedures
including but not limited to cloning, transplanting, irrigating,
trimming and pest management.
* Maintains a clean environment by removing and disposing of all
cannabis waste, cleaning, and sanitizing all rooms and tools
* Assists in collecting data to monitor plant health and
environmental control systems.
* Harvests plants.
* Masters and learns basic principles of cultivation SOPs.
* Assists others as part of a team to accomplish cultivation goals
set forth by management.
* Applies approved pesticides under the supervision of the Director
* Participates in plant inventory and cycle counts.
* Performs all tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
* Label plants and ensure that an accurate inventory is maintained
* Must stay current and adhere to all state, federal and CCC
* Demonstrate ethical behavior, build positive team relationships
throughout the department and organization.
* Contribute to a fun, team-oriented, and challenging work
environment in an innovative and pioneering atmosphere.
* Commit to following Flower Power Growers code of ethics.
*Skills & Qualifications: *
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Ability to pass a comprehensive background check as mandated by
the Cannabis Control Commission.
* 1-3 years of experience in cultivation.
* Experience with large scale greenhouse cultivation operations is
* Knowledge of grow techniques, including germination, cloning and
transplantation is a plus.
* Working knowledge of the cannabis industry.
* Understanding of basic cultivation, horticulture, or
* Basic computer skills, email, word processing, spreadsheets.
* Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication
* Experience with inventory control methods.
* Basic mathematics and reasoning skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* General tool, hardware, ladder and building skills.
* Ability to multitask.
*Physical Demands: *
* Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, reach with
hands and arms and use peripheral vision; ability to adjust and
* Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours a day and rotating
* Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout a
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to use a ladder (up to 12 ft. extension) and general
hardware tools needed for common repairs
* Frequently required to walk, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs..
* Occasionally requires climbing or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch
for extended periods of time.
* Occasionally work in wet or humid conditions, in high places,
exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
* Willingness to work rotating shifts with varied hours/days
including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Turners Falls, MA 01376: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Cannabis: 1 year (Preferred)
* Greenhouse: 1 year (Preferred)
* Cultivation, Horticulture or Agriculture: 1 year (Required)
* Basic Math Skills: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Flower Power Growers, Springfield , Cultivation Propagation Supervisor, Other , Turners Falls, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!