PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST TS/SCI REQUIRED
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description Job Description:The Physical Security Specialist
provides general physical security knowledge with an emphasis in
industrial and physical security standards for our IC and DoD
customers. Employee will assist in planning and managing the
overall efficiency and effectiveness of SCIF accreditation and
oversight operations. The position supports with accredit,
re-accredit, and de-accredit sensitive compartmented information
facilities (SCIFs). You are also independent and under minimal
supervision, continuously triaging and prioritizing your projects,
develop and contribute to the team, communicate clearly, think
outside the box, and deliver solutions that facilitate our
customer's mission. The position also requires familiarity with the
- Primary resource (organic and electronic) custodian for the
Industrial and Physical Security Programs.
- Manage and oversee the SCIF and Collateral Area lifecycle from
concept to completion, planning and construction, operation and
management, and mission conclusion.
- Reference and use DoD and IC security directives, instructions,
standards, and guidelines to enforce compliance and mitigate
- Familiarity with ICD 705 and SCIF accreditation processes and
- Provide recommendations to accredit and de-accredit SCIFS,
Compartmented Areas, and Collateral Areas in support of the Life
Cycle Management efforts.
- Ensure that all contractor areas CONUS and OCONUS have met all
DoD and IC standards for processing, handling and storing Sensitive
Compartmented Information (SCI) and Collateral classified
information prior to formal accreditation as a Sensitive
Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) or security area.
- Analyze complex physical security issues and provide
cost-effective recommendations that meet policy requirements.
- Prepare and review Fixed Facility Checklists and documentation
supporting the SCIF accreditation process, compartmented area
approval and secure area approval process.
- Draft, review, and maintain internal policy documents, standard
operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to
Physical and Industrial Security.
- Evaluate and provide written impact statements and make
recommendations when deviations from standards are discovered for
all SCIFs and collateral areas both government and contractor CONUS
- Provide security recommendations and guidance for new
facilities and those to be renovated.
- Perform site security surveys to determine if facilities meet
requirements for SCIF accreditation.
- Inspect and provide guidance and oversight for the management
of government and industry SCIFs and Collateral Areas.
- Provide oversight and audit key and lock, GSA container, and
alarm testing and maintenance programs in accordance with
applicable DoD and IC policy requirements.
- Provide guidance that is compliant with existing standards
(e.g. access control, intrusion detection systems, locks,
destruction devices, secure phones, etc.).
- Manage and operate associated Helpdesk and customer service
phone lines, email accounts and messages along with other social
media applications between the hours of 0800 to 1600. Adjustment of
hours or operation may be adjusted to accommodate operational, and
mission needs for Physical and Industrial Security needs.BASIC
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a security related field
with a minimum of 7 years to include > 2 years within
- Basic understanding & familiarity of the physical security
standards outlined in the ICD 705 and NISPOM
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic
environment that changes daily
- Ability to collaborate with multiple chains of commands within
a component/teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- ICD 705 Certification
- Understanding of security and customer guidelines for secure
areas that are protec
- ted with Intrusion Detection and Access Control with TEMPEST
requirements maintained for the protection of National Security
Information of accredited facilitiesThis position has a target
range for compensation of $61,000 - $71,000. This is a firm fixed
price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this
target range.Pay Range:Pay Range - -The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Springfield , PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST TS/SCI REQUIRED, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!