Head Teller I - South Hadley Branch
Company: Westfield Bank
Location: South Hadley
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position: Head Teller I
Department: South Hadley Branch
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Branch Manager
Amount of Travel Required: LocalTravel as Needed
Positions Supervised: Tellers and Senior Teller
Supervises the teller line of a small branch. A level 1 branch is
based on teller staff FTE, Deposits, Teller Transaction Volumes,
Teller Referral Goals, Cash Limits and Business Deposit Volumes.
Processes various transactions to provide prompt and quality
service to present and potential customers.
- Adheres to established Westfield Bank customer service
- Applies the Westfield Bank Service and Sales Process during
customer interaction to acquire and enhance customer relationships
- Supervises the teller line by:
- Allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Guiding and advising subordinates in the more complex phases of
- Training new employees.
- Monitors regulatory compliance.
- Helps to ensure operational excellence.
- Provides backup coverage to management team.
- Responsible for maintaining security and supply of cash
- Performs teller administrative duties such as auditing tellers,
money supply at teller stations, and attendance records.
- Oversees teller work for adherence to bank policy and
- Proves cash drawer at end of day.
- Leads the teller team to refer bank services and meet assigned
sales goals through the sale of bank products and services to meet
customers banking needs.
- Balances ATM.
- Maintains security of cash vault.
- Performs semi-annual cash audits.
- Must complete BSA, AML, and other Regulatory and Continuing
Education as assigned.
- Must adhere to all bank and regulatory policies and procedures
specific to position.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Customer Relations
- Decision Making / Judgment
- Job Knowledge
- Management Effectiveness
- Results Focus
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year experience as a Senior Teller preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to lead others.
Stand: F (Frequently)
Walk: F (Frequently)
Sit: O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering: C (Constantly)
Reach Outward: F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder: O (Occasionally)
Climb: O (Occasionally)
Crawl: N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel: F (Frequently)
Bend: F (Frequently)
10 lbs or less: F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs: F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs: O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs: N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs: N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less: O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs: O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs: O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs: O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the
time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of
the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of
the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Westfield Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that
essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed
JOB CODE: 1000431
Keywords: Westfield Bank, Springfield , Head Teller I - South Hadley Branch, Other , South Hadley, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!