Security Specialist, I
Posted on: January 26, 2023
OverviewResponsible for providing enterprise-wide Security
Specialist functions as part of the Vectrus Security team. Assists
with the management, administration and coordination of DOD or
other industrial security program and other security activities to
ensure compliance with government and company security policies and
procedures. Works on assignments that range from simple to complex
in nature. Initiative and sound judgement are required in
performance of tasks performed under this function.
ResponsibilitiesThis position description is subject to change at
any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or
- Familiarization with security databases, such as, DISS, SIMS,
- Assist with documenting and submitting security incidents to
appropriate government agencies.
- Assist with developing annual security refresher, insider
threat and information security training to include preparing
necessary documentation in support of government agency security
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance
with government requirements.
- Assist with DoD processing of personnel security applications
for perspective candidates and employees.
- Advise personnel of their reporting requirements, both
personal/administrative and compliance/incident-related reports.
Handle sensitive inquires made by internal and external customers
- Assist with annual self-inspection and review of security
processes to ensure compliance with government requirements.
- Conduct physical security inspections of all spaces that
process and store classified information, warehouses, plant rooms,
and any other room or facility to perform mission or support
- Assist the FSO with applicants and points of contact (Security,
HR, Program) on case issues.
- Receive notification from U.S. Government regarding background
investigation case matters and refer such information to
appropriate staff personnel.
- Perform security functions to include updating and maintaining
personnel security databases/repositories and creating employee
- Respond to telephone or written inquiries on complex matters,
pending case questions, and status requests.
- Follow-up on correspondence from both internal and external
customers requiring review, approval and /or response.
- Assist with developing physical security guidance and support
to Government for all construction projects to any facilities.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and other materials which
involve the use of Microsoft Office. Assist with routine and
non-routine administrative requirements on project/program related
- Protects against security vulnerabilities that will exist
during the development processes as well as those that will require
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Perform other clerical support such as photocopying, faxing,
material assembly, filing documents, etc.
QualificationsEducation/Experience: One year related experience may
be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of security operations.
- 1 year of DoD Personnel Security (PERSEC) / Industrial Security
- Experience supporting SCI and SAP programs highly
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain and
maintain a Top Secret clearance after hire.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Defense Information System
for Security (DISS).
- Must have a working knowledge of the Security Information
Management System (SIMS).
- Must have a working knowledge of the Army Sustainment Command
(ASC) G2 database highly desirable.Skills and Technology Used:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Superior data entry skills.
- Customer databases
- Security Information Management System (SIMS), Defense
Information System for Security (DISS).
- Microsoft Office products and other general office
- Computer and peripheral devices.Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, AD&D, Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, and other ancillary plans.Time
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Bereavement, and Jury
DutyNationwide Salary Range: The salary range provided is intended
to display the value of the company's base pay compensation for all
statewide locations across the United States. Salaries paid are
subject to the conditions of the job including, but not limited to,
the physical worksite location.
- $40,000 - 70,000We are committed to an inclusive and diverse
workplace that values and supports the contributions of each
individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values
of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage
differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the
global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or
status as an individual with a disability.
Keywords: Vectrus, Springfield , Security Specialist, I, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!