Middle School Academic Dean (23-24)
Company: Springfield Prep Charter School
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Academic Dean (AD) will manage, coach and develop a talented
team of teachers across content areas to achieve extraordinary
results for our scholars. The AD will focus primarily on ensuring
the highest levels of instructional quality and will have broad
responsibility for overseeing a positive, well-organized, and
mission-driven school culture with a particular focus on a specific
What will you do as an Academic Dean?
- Work closely with Middle School Leaders and take ownership of
the overall success of scholars, teachers, and staff members in the
specific grade band they are responsible for.
- Build a positive, joyful school culture; develop strong
relationships with families and students to create investment in
school culture and academics and help teachers to build similarly
strong relationships with their students and families
- Teach a limited course load to provide an exemplar teaching
model for other teachers
- Continually improve the instructional practice of the teachers
you lead through observation and feedback, curriculum planning
sessions, data meetings, and formal professional
- Support teachers to prepare and deliver high quality,
standards-based curriculum, including unit plans, lesson plans and
assessments aligned to Common Core standards
- Develop, support, and manage school culture team members to
effectively fulfill the responsibilities of their roles.
- Contribute to key elements of the day-to-day school team
processes, including staff meetings, internal staff communication,
staff input on organizational decisions, and systems for
- Manage systems to ensure teachers are invested in using data to
drive academic outcomes for their students, and do so to meet
ambitious academic goals.
- Develop curriculum for new grades and/or improve curriculum for
current grades, in consultation with other instructional
Is this you?
- You are passionate about teaching and want your teams to share
that passion too.
- You've earned a Bachelor's degree (master's preferred)
- You have a record of driving significant student achievement as
a teacher for 3+ years and as a teacher leader for 2+ years,
ideally in a school that serves underserved students
- You have strong leadership skills and the proven ability to
manage and motivate people
- You have a track record of producing high-quality,
standards-based curriculum and assessments
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills and
strong analytical abilities
- You've got a good sense of humor! We work hard but believe it's
important to have fun while doing it.
What makes Springfield Prep different?
- Co-teaching and collaboration: Our co-teaching model means
increased collaboration and shared responsibilities, which help our
teachers get great results for students.
- 1-on-1 coaching: With weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions, teachers
have opportunities to quickly grow as educators.
- Dedicated professional development time: Increased time for
professional development, including a 12:30 pm student dismissal
every Friday, means the time teachers deserve for collaboration and
- Resources and support to develop and refine a rigorous,
engaging curriculum: Teachers have multiple daily prep periods,
which means more time to collaborate with colleagues and the chance
to take less work home.
- Support systems & teams to help teachers focus on teaching:
Highly capable operations,student support, and school culture teams
help teachers focus on great classroom instruction. Plus, there's a
stocked supply room and generous classroom budget for the teaching
materials, along with a competitive salary and full benefits.
Our community and student body are diverse and we believe that we
can best achieve our mission when our leadership, teachers, and
staff reflect the identities of our students. We are therefore
committed to being a diverse organization at all levels and strive
to have a diverse applicant pool. With this in mind, we encourage
candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits,
including generous paid family leave and all the benefits of the
Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS).
Keywords: Springfield Prep Charter School, Springfield , Middle School Academic Dean (23-24), Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!