Company: Peckham Industries
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Summary: Reporting to the Paving Superintendent, the Milling
Foreman will oversee and supervise daily operations of one of our
asphalt milling crews including the safety, quality, and personnel
management aspects. He or she will supervise field employees and
coordinate with customers to complete projects. This is a Foreman
position in Heavy Highway Asphalt Paving industry. Prior experience
is required.Essential Functions:
- Respect and Engage. Communicate with Superintendent, Paving
Superintendent or Project Manager to resolve problems or to
- Ownership and Caring. Manage field operations and personnel
while holding crew accountable for performance and
- Provide guidance and development of hourly personnel to meet
- Results Matter. Record accurate measurements, daily personnel
and equipment hours, production, and site conditions.
- Schedule proper maintenance for all equipment with
superintendent and shop management.
- Dedication. Utilize best paving practices and knowledge of
asphalt quality control measures.
- Complete daily maintenance on machines, as
required.Requirements, Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant construction experience, required
- Ability to accept out of town work and/or night and occasional
- Extensive knowledge of milling operations.
- General knowledge of survey and layout.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to make quick and thoughtful decisions in a fast-paced
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.Other Duties:Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without
notice.Travel:This position requires regional travel. It is
anticipated that the majority of work will be in Massachusetts
region, although a wider geographic reach could be expected. Work
Environment/Physical Demands:This position will require the Foreman
to be highly mobile and work in a very dynamic environment,
depending on the time of year and operational workload.Values:At
Peckham, you will experience our values wherever you work:
corporate offices, plants, quarries, or paving operations. We share
a common set of values - safety, integrity, dedication, and
efficiency which are embedded in how we show up every day. Ours is
a culture where we protect family and friends, our word is our
bond, we are committed to serve and results matter. Our values are
the foundation of our growth, and we believe will pave the way for
Keywords: Peckham Industries, Springfield , Milling Foreman, Other , Palmer, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!