Application Support Specialist
Company: Sun Gro Horticulture
Posted on: March 16, 2023
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Solve customer business application issues. If unable to solve,
escalate to the vendors and monitor until resolution is reached in
accordance with IT Department's standard operating procedures
- Communicate effectively with customers to accurately understand
their needs and priorities to resolve issues in a timely
- Organize and perform analysis, testing and documentation of Jet
Enterprise cube changes. Understand user needs and develop
solutions to enhance the use of information.
- Organize and perform analysis, testing and documentation of
salesforce changes to reports and dashboards. Understand user needs
and develop solutions to enhance the use of information.
- Assist with security within NAV including account, table and
- Educate customers via formal and informal trainings. This will
include generating periodic tips given to all users, and continuous
improvement of the end user experience.
- Provide support for EDI communications and trading partner
- Provide off hours support as required by the business.
- Assist with account audits performed in AD, NAV, Email, and
Security Awareness Training.
- Assist Business Owners with developing and improving
SharePoint.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level understanding of corporate business environments and
the day-to-day practices of a multi-site operation
- Strong customer focus - includes the ability to balance the
needs of the customer with the needs of the business as well as
fostering a strong customer focus mindset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to explain
problems or answers to all levels of the organization
- Strong Fact Based Decision Making skills - supports decisions
with data and uses data to solve problems
- Ability to turn abstract process designs into usable business
- Strong execution skills - can provide support without removing
responsibility, monitors progress to ensure achievement of goals,
coordinate with other work groups.
- Fosters Teamwork - values all employee's contributions,
involving team in decisions that affect them and discourages "we"
vs. "them" attitude.
- Computer skills are a must, specific proficiency in Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, Internet and email.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fixed term contract for 12 months
- Minimum of two years college focusing on IT related courses (or
- Two years of experience with a broad range of business
- One-Three years of business / ERP software experience or
support (manufacturing systems a plus)
- Presentation & training experience
- Ability to perform technical writing and customer
- Report writing experience is a plusPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sun Gro Horticulture, Springfield , Application Support Specialist, Other , Agawam, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...