System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops & System Administration
Company: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
O'Reilly Automotive Application for Employment
- Search Jobs Select Job Area System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops &
- Job ID: 1-523822
- Department: Information Technology
- Location: Corporate Headquarters - Springfield, MO or
- Status: Full-Time
- Tentative Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
On-Call Rotation Includes Overnights & Weekends
- Compensation Range: $95,000.00 - $122,000.00 annually, pay will
be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
- Bonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on
individual goal achievement. A System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops &
System Administration at O'Reilly Auto Parts develops and supports
applications to maintain retail store systems, administrates
configuration management using Ansible, maintains patch management
for retail systems, and administrates a highly available cluster
for retail locations with VMware. This team is focused on the
development, design and integration of various software systems,
databases, and third-party packages utilizing tools and
technologies including Linux, Python, Ansible, Django, and
PostgreSQL. -Essential Job Functions
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop new features and
enhance and support existing applications and programs.
- Work with business systems analysts and stakeholders to
translate business to technical requirements and problem
- Collaborate with project teams and cross functional teams to
troubleshoot open issues and bug-fixes.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team members on best practices,
code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements.
- Write and maintain readable, sustainable, and efficient code in
highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- Own applications from conception and design, to implementation
- Debug and test code as needed.
- Create and update advanced technical documentation.
- Mentor system admins, developers, and interns.
- Participate in on-call schedule including nights/weekends. -
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- 4+ years of server administration or software development
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the
full software development life cycle, including coding standards,
code reviews, source control, testing, build and release
engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end
- Working understanding of databases including writing and
amending queries in MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL.
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration
and continuous deployment using open source technologies like GIT,
JIRA and Confluence.
- Linux Systems administration experience.
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of
end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to
interact with vendors as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work flexible schedule with on-call rotation for
nights and weekends. - Desired: -
- Experience with Ansible, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Django,
VMware ESXi, VMware vCenter.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach
- Experience working with Agile or Scrum methodology.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience supporting critical applications and uptime in an
enterprise environment. - Benefits All full time team members are
eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer
convenience and security to our team members and their families.
Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on
employment status, average hours worked, location and length of
service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type
http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser. Apply Now Find Jobs
Near Me Sign Up For Job Alerts Stores Corporate Distribution Who We
Are IT Careers Route Driver Careers
Keywords: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., Springfield , System Engineer - Retail Dev Ops & System Administration, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...