PA or NP for Trauma Services
Posted on: May 26, 2023
- Job Summary
- The Trauma Nurse Practitioner is responsible for coordinating
the planning, implementation, and on-going monitoring and
evaluation of the trauma or acute care surgical patient, under the
supervision of the Medical director or Trauma Services or
designated assistants, and in collaboration with trauma and acute
care surgical team members. The TNP participates in opportunities
to improve the quality of care provided to trauma and acute care
surgical patients across the continuum of care, through daily
activities that support the Trauma Performance Improvement Program.
The TNP utilizes evidence-based standards of care to ensure timely,
appropriate and cost effective care in accordance with the mission,
vision, and values of CoxHealth.
- Job Requirements
- Required: Masters degree in Nursing
- Required: Obtain 8 trauma educational hours per year with 4 of
those pertaining to pediatric trauma
- Preferred: 1 - 2 years' experience or training with emphasis on
the care of the traumatically injured patient
- Preferred: Previous surgical first assist experience
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with little
direct supervision required
- Excellent clinical expertise, communication skills, and human
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Required: Current MO Nurse Practitioner license
- Required: BLS required within 90 days of hire
- Required: Obtain ATLS certification within 1 year of employment
and maintain current ATLS certification
Keywords: CoxHealth, Springfield , PA or NP for Trauma Services, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...