Company: Guidewire Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Guidewire, Inc. is seeking a Benefits Coordinator who is
responsible for helping employees enroll in company benefit
programs. This position will work with both the Human Resources and
Payroll Departments of the agency to ensure consistency in the
provision of benefits and needed payments. Duties include meeting
with employees to discuss their benefit options, keeping detailed
records of employee insurance information and overseeing the
enrollment and record keeping process and monitoring deductions.The
work of the Benefits Coordinator will be of utmost importance as
the correct processing and distribution of pay and benefits is
vital for employee retention and satisfaction. This individual must
have the ability to multitask, maintain confidentiality and work
efficiently. The ideal candidate possesses communication skills and
prior knowledge of the pay structures and benefit options offered
to ensure they are managed properly and maintained to enhance
employee satisfaction.The Benefits Coordinator will be primarily
responsible for informing employees about the nature of benefits
plans and any changes that happen to the structure of those
benefits. They should be able to answer questions and concerns that
employees have about their benefits. In addition to that, here are
some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Benefits
- Consulting with employees about eligibility and other benefit
- Assisting employees with timely enrollment in dental, vision,
disability, and medical insurance plans as well as encouraging
enrollment into the 401k.
- Resolving any employee issues with benefits administrators and
- Providing new hires with explanations of benefits and
instructing them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures.
- Reviewing monthly benefit related premiums and payroll
- Reviewing/reconciling benefit vendor invoices to ensure timely
- Providing ongoing support for the Human Resources and Payroll
- Ensuring that the agency's benefits policy is compliant with
the set laws and regulations including ACA requirements.
- Generating reports and updating of benefits related
- Assisting in annual benefit plan audits and reviews, including
1094 and 1095-C reporting.
- Assisting in review of weekly timecards in Guidewire's Time and
Attendance system to assure that hours match schedules, paid time
off is used as allowed per SEIU labor contract.
- Review system generated employee benefit accruals for
- Work with Payroll Coordinator to create and build efficiencies
within our payroll processing system.
- Other projects as assigned. Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to complete multiple concurrent projects with
time-urgency, meeting schedules and timelines.
- Attention to details.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and participants
in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of benefit law at federal,
state and local levels and regulatory record keeping
- Advanced MS office Suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with payroll processing systems such as ADP.
- Experience with benefit enrollment software such as
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of
authority and taking responsibility for performance of duties and
gaining appropriate approvals.
- Has the ability to work independently as well as a cooperative
team member within both Human Resources and Payroll departments.
- Bachelors degree in Humans Resources, Accounting or related
field and/or equivalent experience a plus but not required.
- Minimum two (2) administrative experience in benefits. Working
Conditions:This position operates in a professional office
environment at our East Columbus Ave, Springfield, MA location.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm. Full
time benefits include health, vision, dental & life insurance,
short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401K retirement
plan, sick, personal, vacation time and 10 paid holidays.Guidewire,
Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Guidewire Inc, Springfield , Benefits Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!