Direct Support Professional
Company: Guidewire Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Direct Support Professional:Guidewire Inc is seeking Direct
Support Professionals to join our dynamic team of caring and
compassionate employees. We are a Non-Profit Human Service Agency
supporting people with disabilities in community settings. We have
various full-time and part-time positions available, with homes
located throughout Hampden County. As a Direct Support
Professional, you will work with our teams to provide the
individuals we support with an atmosphere of unconditional,
positive regard that promotes day-to-day choices, greater
independence, and the opportunity to participate in and contribute
to community life. Core Job Responsibilities: (Not all
- Assist individuals as needed/required with all activities of
daily living, such as, self-care and hygiene, food shopping and
preparation, budgeting, household maintenance, leisure activities
and socialization skill development.
- Follow and implement behavioral support/treatment plans as
required and document tracked behaviors.
- Create opportunities that provide social and leisure activities
of interest to the individuals supported.
- Communicate effectively with others, maintain a positive
attitude of compassion, cooperation, and courtesy.
- Administration, documentation and ordering of medication in
accordance with the Medication Administration Program (MAP)
regulations and policy. Benefits:
- Health, vision, dental & Life Insurance
- Short-term & Long-Term disability insurance
- 401 (K) retirement plan (with company contribution)
- Competitive sick, personal and vacation time
- Paid Time and a half on holidays (potential holiday bonus
pending certain parameters)
- Tuition Remission
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount ProgramsRequired Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess and maintain reliable transportation.
- Possess current and valid Driver's License.
- Must pass a CORI and Fingerprint Background Check.
- Ability to work as a team member.About the Agency:Guidewire Inc
is a Non-Profit Human Services Agency founded in 1982, supporting
people with disabilities in community settings, enabling adults and
young adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral
challenges to enjoy community living. We believe everyone deserves
to experience a rich and fulfilling life within their local
community. Our team is here to support them with well-trained and
dedicated staff guiding them every step of the way. We appreciate
the dedication and talents of our staff as the source of our
success. We support our staff by offering professional development
opportunities, recognition of accomplishments, rewarding and
engaging work. We are committed to promoting from within. We offer
entry level opportunities for candidates interested in exploring
opportunities in the field of human services. We offer a
comprehensive Direct Support Training Program to help jumpstart
this new experience. Guidewire Inc. is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Guidewire Inc, Springfield , Direct Support Professional, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!