Patient Registration & Data Entry Rep
Company: Trinity Health Of New England
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Day ShiftDescription:Mercy
Medical Center Lab Springfield, MA
You would greet patients and process laboratory test requisitions.
Review requisitions for completeness, enters data into computer
system, answer telephones, taking and relaying messages; and
perform a variety of miscellaneous clerical duties.What will you
- Processes laboratory requisitions by reviewing them for
completeness, ensuring appropriate signatures have been obtained,
and entering patient data, test requested, requesting physician
information, and billing information into the computer.
- Verifies billing and insurance information at the time of data
entry to ensure proper reimbursement for services.
- Proofs entered information against laboratory requisition to
ensure data is accurate.
- Ensures delivery of Laboratory reports to the appropriate
facility by established methods.
- Provides customer service in a friendly and helpful manner.
Promptly and accurately responds to inquiries for routine approved
information from patients, physicians, nursing personnel and other
staff.Position Hours:40 hours, Day ShiftMinimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- -general knowledge simple medical procedures or terminology and
/ or experience with office equipment.
- Schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain Hospital
policies, and / or relay messages to appropriate personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational
skills required. Ability to identify and assess problems and
develop and implement solutions in a non-confrontational manner is
- Basic computer skills; ability to operate a multi-line
telephone system.Position Highlights and Benefits:
- Our Mission and Core Values
- Great benefits and Health Insurance Coverage-starting Day
- Generous Shift Diffs
- Award-winning Hospitals and DepartmentsMinistry/Facility
Information:Mercy Medical Center has established itself as one of
the leading providers of health care services in Western
Massachusetts. Mercy Medical Center is a 182-bed acute care
hospital in Springfield. Other facilities include Mercy's
Rehabilitation Hospital, a comprehensive hospital-based
rehabilitation center on the campus of Mercy Medical Center and
Brightside for Families and Children, an outpatient service
offering counseling and family support programs. -Our Commitment to
Diversity and Inclusion -Trinity Health is one of the largest
not-for-profit, Catholic healthcare systems in the nation. Built on
the foundation of our Mission and Core Values, we integrate
diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. Our colleagues
have different lived experiences, customs, abilities, and talents.
Together, we become our best selves. A diverse and inclusive
workforce provides the most accessible and equitable care for those
we serve. Trinity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected
veteran, or any other status protected by law.
Keywords: Trinity Health Of New England, Springfield , Patient Registration & Data Entry Rep, Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!