Current College Students - Actuarial Intern (Summer 2019)
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.
Actuarial Internship Program
Why should I consider MassMutual?
At MassMutual, we are looking for and investing in students who will become tomorrow's future business leaders. The Actuarial Internship Program is an 11-week summer internship that is designed to provide leadership and development opportunities to interns pursuing the Actuarial career path. You will work on key assignments throughout the enterprise that make a difference to the future of a business or corporate unit. Assignments are designed for you to apply your education and gain valuable professional experience. Beyond your day to day responsibilities, you will be invited to participate in educational, networking, and social activities with other interns and Actuarial Leadership Development Members. You will experience working in a diverse and established Fortune 100 Company while having fun and building relationships that will last a lifetime. Successful Interns could receive an offer for full-time employment upon graduation.
- Mentors: Learn from a mentor who will work closely with you to provide career and exam guidance, development, coaching and support.
- Meaningful Projects: Apply your knowledge and skills by participating in high profile projects in a respected and highly rated company.
- Excel and VBA Crash Courses: Attend a half day course taught specifically for our Actuarial Interns that will ensure you have the technical skills you need to be successful during the summer.
- Pricing & Valuation Simulations: Participate on a team in a mock pricing simulation that teaches you about how to price a life insurance product amidst a competitive landscape in addition to a valuation simulation as well.
- Networking Lunches with Senior Actuaries: Attend networking lunches that allow you to interact with senior actuaries at MassMutual, including the Chief Actuary and CFO as well as Chief Investment Officer.
- Executive Speaker Series: Attend education forums presented by company leaders that will educate you on a variety of possible topics, including industry issues, line of business initiatives, and major projects. Past speakers have included the President & CEO, the CFO, and leaders of various lines of business.
- Community Volunteer Opportunities: Participate with other MassMutual Actuaries to give back to the local community in a service day.
- Internship Housing: Enjoy fully furnished summer housing close to headquarters, which is included in your employment offer.
- Social Events: Join the full-time Actuarial Leadership Development Program members in summer social events, including mini-golf, whirly ball, and a celebratory exam night.
Keywords: MassMutual, Springfield , Current College Students - Actuarial Intern (Summer 2019), Other , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!